A direct question for the devs about Runemasters

So in order to understand the basis of this question: I made an observation some time ago that it seems like every class is meant to have one mastery that’s melee focused, one that’s ranged focused, and one that’s minion focused. Of the 3 remaining classes yet to be released, we know that 2 of them will incorporate minions in some way (the literal only skill we know for runemaster is called “summon runic elemental” after all.)

So my question is: what exactly is the minion fantasy for the Runemaster?
We already have the “I have an army” Necromancer,
The “tactical elite squad/ mans best friend” beastmaster
The “my minions are strong because I am strong” forge guard
What I presume will be the inverse of that “I am strong because of my pets assistance.” Falconer

Basically what I’m asking could also be expressed as: is the runic elemental the only minion option, or will there be more? And will we have a bunch of runic elementals, or like, just the one?

I once posted almost a year ago a design concept for runemaster, and I’ve since revamped that idea, but we don’t even know how far along in development those last 3 are, and if the runemaster is already 90% done and is about to be announced, then I need not bother.

From my understanding Runemaster is about area control. I’m strong because I control this area with the assistance of my minions and wards/traps or what have you.

At least that’s one way I interpret it. Whether we get more pets than the elemental I would probably guess at least 2 more based on what we’ve seen so far from other pet classes. We’ll just have to see though.

2 Likes

Is that an official comment or just popular player theory? I do think it’s be cool if we had just the one big runic elemental and it was like:
“This does lightning damage normally to 2-3 enemies, but then I applied a rune of fire and now it’s a fire elemental that has a big firestorm air aura around it, but then I found a boss and applied a rune of frost to turn it into an ice elemental with high single target damage.”
Like, a modular minion, if you will.

1 Like

That does sound interesting. No I’m no official commenter I’m just regular shmoe.

Oh, I know, but you might have been referencing a dev post that I may have missed, I tend to play hard for about 2 weeks then disappear for a few months until a couple of updates pass, keeps my enjoyment of the game alive, but I do miss a lot of news that way.

I’m basically doing the same thing. I think I would play a lot more though if I could more easily change my build to something else instead of feeling like I’m being punished for experimenting though.

1 Like

https://lastepoch.com/class/mage

https://imgur.com/jZlSaEg

It’s likely a reasonable assumption based on what little we’ve been told.

He will hopefully have flying book minions that shoot spells

Sounds like the labyrinth lord

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.