A Basic Guide on how Loot Filter works and how to set up your own Loot Filter

The first rule is all everyone needs to know: the top filter always prevails. Once people understand that the loot filter starts to make sense. Great job explaining it. I feel like EHG should visualize this concept somehow so people can understand without being confused.

2 Likes

Ok… No more questions about loot filters… @Heavy has answered them all above. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s all i wanted to achieve. Mission accomplished! :smiling_imp:

This is as fantastic as your actually sample casual filters!

1 Like

Really nice write up :slight_smile:
Do you know if it is possible to highlight an item only when two or more affixes are on the item?
Like when i have a rule which filters staffs and i only want to show staffs which have 2 out of “lightning Damage”, “Spell Damage”, “Elemental Damage”, “Crit Multiplier” …
So far I didn’t find an Option for this but could be very handy for late game!

1 Like

Thank you very much

That function is currently not available, but i already did make a suggesstion thread with this and some other more advanced stuff here
Feel free to give it an upvote or write your own suggesstion in there.

Also thank you, glad you like it!

2 Likes

Just wanted to give this topic a refresh, since we can welcome alot of new members to our community.

Rogue made an entrance like a boss, so i welcome all the new people and hopefully, they can find use in this guide.

1 Like

I’m having a few problems with the filter.
I have only 4 rules, the first of which is to make AllCaps one handed axes and swords (the following 3 are recolours).

The problem is that random other object get the AllCaps treatment: rings, chests, boots… and I don’t know if, on the other side of the coin, some axes and swords are not getting AllCapsed.
Is this a common error?

Yes random items getting emphasized is a common issue. From my experience, items that should get emphasized NOT getting emphasized is NOT the case.
So you just have some unwanted items emhapasized sometimes.
(This issue occurs, as soon as you have ANY emphsize rule in your whole filter)

To be 100% sure, i would just give those 1-H Axes and Swords a distinct color as well, just to be totally sure you don’t miss them.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

A follow-up just to let everybody know that I can confirm it actually happens that what you want AllCapped can drop not AllCapped and viceversa.

Oh really? Are you 100% sure?

I am using the emphasize feature ALOT on Idols with my most desired idol affix and sicne idols only have 2 affixes you can already see super quickly if the second affix is desired.
I use that on basically very char and never happend to see a idol drop with those affixes that is NOT emphasized.

When the Issue happend to you, was the item just not capatilized or even not recolored/shown? Since my Endgame Filters are usually super strict i just might missed some drops entirely, which would be a shame.

Yes, I’m sure,

It seems that adding a color to the AllCaps fixes the problem, though.

EDIT: it fixes the problem of the wanted items not being AllCapsed, it does not solve the problem of the random AllCaps.

Yeah, that’s what i thought. The random emphasize is a bit annoying, but it doesn’t hurt your actual looting experience that much.

I would never “just” emphasize certain items anyway, i will always give them a very distinct color. emphasizing is not even necessary, as long as you use enough colors for different things.

Well, my reasoning was this: I emphasize the weapon types I’m looking for, and I colorize the attributes I’m looking for, so that I can see in color the items I can use to extract crafting materials and in colore + caps the weapon types I want that rolled the attributes I want.

Now I see the item types I’m looking for, but I have to check them one by one to see if they also have the attributes I want.

I am not sure if i understood you completely.

If you have 2 different rules for weapon base types and for affixes on those weapons, you will not have any weapon emphasized AND colored.

You need to create one single rule that has recolor AND emphasized with a base type + affix condition.

Other than that i would just use different colors and not solely rely on emphsizing for certain desired things.

Well, I knew only the first rule applies, but I thought they were also devided by type:
the first rule for emphasize, the first rule for recolor, the first rule for hiding.

I’ll have to rethink all my filters…

As soon as an item applies to ANY rule.

It will NOT be checked against any other rule.

But you can work with rules that have multiple conditions, like X Base Type with Y Affix.

Ok, I’ve got an issue with this…

My rules state at the very beginning to show unique items and idols (I added a recolor to see if it solved the issue but it didn’t)

At the bottom I say to hide items with an iLvl < 60

Well, the bottom rule overrides the top one…

Edit: I might add they also don’t get recolored… it’s as if the first rule gets completely ignored.

Just by seeing the rules i can only guess.

Your first rule seems to be a multiple condition rule: Item Rarity: Unique, Set, Exalted + Item Type: Idol

If you put multiple conditions in a rule an Item must match all conditions.

So you need to split the rule into 2 seperate rules.
One rule for Item Rarity and one rule for item types.