8.5 Build: No Endurance Threshold Swarmblade

Hallo,

i wanted to share a build i made with you. It is a pretty straight forward serpent strike swarmblade build with some different itemization:

• I used the Ruby Fang set. After it was shown what it can do on a warpath Void Knight, i wanted to see it on a native poison build.
  • I used the Lightless Arbor unique, the foot of the mountain, which converts my dodge rating into endurance threshold while standing still. Using serpent strike i can get the dodge rating higher than my health, practically removing the threshold and making me super tanky.
  • I made some calculations around EHP in tunklab and technically you have a higher average EHP using dodge without the boots, but with Endurance you have a much better protection from one-shots

How does the build perform

• Iā€™m pushing corruption 200 easily
  • I can facetank all T3 Dungeon Bosses
  • When you move, you have dodge and can still get one-shot, but i only experienced this in T4 Dungeons
  • Swarmblade mobilityā€¦
  • Not having access to the boots [Eterras Path]
    (Eterra's Path - Unique Brigandine Boots - Boots - Last Epoch Item Database) really exposes how bad the rage generation is if you are not using vines. At T4 Lightless Arbor, i canā€™t get passed the intermittence before the boss fight, because itā€™s the only place where the mob density is so bad, i canā€™t sustain my eco-rage build (eco-rage build refers to using ice thorns over Tornado)

Sidenotes

• The build is better with Tornado than ice thorns, but in some mob areas you canā€™t sustain the rage
  • You can get fire resistance up for more damage, but i was happy with my damage.
  • Also optional: The bloodlust swarm node. It does a lot of damage and has a huge AoE. I took it for faster clear-speed against small mobs.
  • I like that the boots make standing still less punishing.
  • I really lucked out on the boots. After taking forever to get them in the first place, i got a 3lp on my first find

Updated Link to the Planner:

Video - T4 Mountain Beneath Boss Kill

2 Likes

Short update, i made some slight changes for better rage management: Druid, Level 96 (LE Beta 0.8.5e) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Original link to the planner:

I managed to facetank the T4 lightless arbor boss. :slight_smile: The hard part is still the intermittence before with the rage management. I put some eterras path on, before i enter the room to generate some vines. Still barely enough rageā€¦

1 Like

Interesting build, mind to have some game play videos for it?

Never recorded any gameplay, but I will look into it.

Edit: @Rainku I added a video for you. I can look into adding further ā€œnormalā€ footage later. Was my first video, and somehow i entered the dungeon before starting it, so i had to click around to start recording while in the dungeon. Thats the messy part at the start :smiley:

1 Like

I got the build set up, and feel like the locust swarm is doing good damage, too.

1 Like

Yes, obviously it truly shines in a bleed build. But it does enough damage to clear mobs and for high health targets we have poison.

Build still functions with the changes to Serpent Strike. Iā€™m stacking up to 4000 endurance threshold with 3 points in Slither, may be able to get away with 1 or 2.

It gains the wacky 18% kill threshold, and some nice poison penetration behind Serpent Venom.

But loses the poison stacks you used to add up from Poison Spit, and a lot of poison/DoT damage. I didnā€™t see much reason to invest in Serpent Venom as an alternate to Plague.

Not sure thereā€™s a benefit to going poison rather than bleed anymore though.

Hi, thanks for the feedback! Yes, the endurance threshold has become stronger for endgame because of the dodge more modifiers.

However, poison has been nerfed and serpent strike changes also donā€™t show much love towards a poison damage build anymore, so I agree that i would switch to bleed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.