556 Corruption, 100 hours Played Still Halfway through Rank 12 on MG

Ye aint happening. I spent 200 hours farming cof in cycle 1 and did not hit rank 9. Not even close. I played a lot. No body aint got time for that

1 Like

+1 Agree - And I don’t think the current implementation of MG is very popular. Just saw this, lol.

Check out @Unga7 's post lol:

1 Like

if you spend your points at the vendor it will give you 1 to 1 exp for CoF exp.

1 Like

Incorrect, it’s even better:

1 favor gained = 2 reputation earned
1 favor spent = 2 reputation earned

And how is this relevant?

They adjusted both total reputation needed and reputation for each individual ranks with 2 new ranks in cycle 2

They are 100% right. Then the fact you gotta do this pointless slog before you can enjoy the game every cycle is annoying.

Well after servers came back up I pushed too 661 corruption and guess what I’m still not finished the stupid MG grind yet. It’s so triggering to have so many restrictions and gate-keeping in this game that just are in place to waste your time.

Time for bed they gotta fix these things.

1 Like

Sorry, for a moment there I thought you were talking about PoE’s campaign & “early” maps (which “any true gamer” will know is anything below t16!) rather than LE’s factions…

If you think we are talking about PoE, then you probably have comprehension problems.

If you can’t detect sarcasm, then you probably have comprehension problems.

2 Likes

Sarcasm can be difficult to pick up on in text, especially for non-native speakers.

2 Likes

I agree… As a CoF player I might never play MG, but the system looks stupid, especially the part where you need to sell a lot of carp just to level up…

For CoF it makes more sense, since you benefit already from lower ranks, even if the ranks could also use some adjustment

You list 100’s of items for 0 gold to gain favor and have no intention to sell them. They now sit there. It’s wild. Just let people trade. There should be no time-sink on trading.

You say there’s problems with current system and the only way of solving them is by removing the system entirely, instead of giving suggestions that would actually help the system to get better?

Sorry but neither you or me have no right to say “what should or shouldn’t be” in a game. We just bought the game, we’re not shareholders…

That’s for the Devs to decide… They WANT this to be in THEIR game… if you want to help them, help them by giving constructive feedback (not destructive ones, like suggesting they just destroy everything they been working on for years to implement as a trade system for LE).

There is and players are hoping we can get some fixes. Or just have trading.

Often times the removal of a system is the answer. Don’t get me wrong if the system is finished in the campaign it will be painless and not a Time-sink then. So it seems to not exist. However then the question is why are we doing that?

• So the real question is why do we need a pointless Time-sink for trading? Why is there a Merchants Guild? If players want to play SSF it’s cool they got some way to enhance that. However Merchant guild doesn’t enhance trading. It’s just in the way.

So the answer seems to be to only have CoF for players that enjoy that while people who play games to trade can enjoy trading.

Right now the Merchant Guild is one of the worst trading systems time-gating in a video game. The Auction system is atrocious to use. You can’t find items to buy or sell. You have to list 100’s of items for nothing because of a time-sink in hopes of some day selling something you care about.

Disagree. I purchased this product and I do have the right. We all do. We are investing in a game and trying to make it better.

Does removing MG make the game better? Yes. Would be having 1 singular Auction where you can see all the items in the game and easily search for them be better? Yes.

They tried to reinvent the wheel with MG and it didn’t work. I think this is an idea that looked good on paper but it’s just not it. I don’t fault EHG for trying new ideas I actually applaud it. Just this MG idea didn’t work. It’s really holding the game back because ARPGs for a lot of players are about Trading/Loot hunting.

I got rank 12 about an hour after I dinged 100 on my cycle 2 falconer. It did not take 100 hours. Maybe 40 something total.

I also got Rank 12 after hitting 100 level pushing and farming 700 corruption and ended up at 812 corruption. It took me over 100 hours.

What Rank are you on the ladder? Unless it’s Top 300 I think you are mistaken on 40 hours.

With that said no you shouldn’t need 100 level and pushing high corruption to unlock a feature everyone should have when they create a char that isn’t SSF.

The thing though, as you know, is that the devs have philosophical differences with people having unfettered access to trade.

40 hours of actual play time. I’m not counting how many hours I had the game open while I was watching a stream or alt tabbed into something else.

I always wonder when I read this posts. I got to level 9 and have enough favour to immediately get to 10.5 and I have 45 hours.

How in the earth you got to 500 corruption with 100 hours and are not level 12? How is this even possible.

It took me getting too level 100 and pushing 800 corruption to get Rank 12. The last ranks are absolutely brutal. Needing 1 million favor for Rank 12 alone is just dumb. Well the entire MG system is terrible so hopefully it just gets removed.