4th level 80 now what?

so what do you do when you hit empowed monoliths? I leveld 4 chars to that point they all can run them no problem but I just dont feel like playing past that point.

1 Like

I noticed this same sentiment in some of my guildies, so I kind of get it. It depends on personal goals, to an extent.

The second or third part of the game STARTED for me in my character’s nineties. This is where I try to fine tweak my gear to do dungeons at tier 4, push corruption in monoliths to get more rare uniques, etc.

If you just stop at level 80-something, you’re missing out on all the uniques, etc that open up from higher corruption monoliths and a whole other chapter.

As said though, I think I get what you’re saying. I was waiting for my guild friends to reach the same part of the game and they quit before getting there, which was sad, to me.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that, it is a personal choice.
I do the same, I stop when I reach empowered monos. My character has been everywhere and killed all the bosses, time to retire somewhere in the countryside. :slight_smile:

The way I see the game, during campaign / normal monos / first 80ish levels, you build up your character and gear.
After that, improvements to your character become very slow and minimal, you spend most of your time helping the monsters improve to catch up with you.
Both aspects are fine, but they probably appeal to different people.

There is no right or wrong choice, to each their own. Only one rule: have fun.

I know the feeling bro. We have no reason to play and that must be fixed. Grinding for grind? nah

ARPG’s are all built around the end game which starts sometimes even well after the campaign finishes in the case of POE. I guarantee you, you aren’t clearing the pinnacle content, T4 dungeons etc at level 80. We all know there is a content gap at the moment it will get fixed, I was surprised by how much harder the fights get at around 300 corruption. Requires tweaking, crafting, tuning and finding gear to keep progressing which is how it should be.

yea but if you rly look into it the only thing changes is +0 on your dps or hp like I said I have 4 chars they one shot everything 20 levels behind, sure I bet if I would corrupt and all I prob would die alot but for me hitting that 100 or bis in slot is not a intresting goal. I dont say game is bad but for me it falls of around 80 85. might be because I level super fast and play alot and then dont feel like playing anyway thanks for sharing.

I’ve also got no particular need to get to 100 or BIS; not opposed to item farming for build enabling items for a character or others so I’m not saying I wouldn’t play a high level character again and who knows, over time the one (s) I like best might get up there. But mostly I’d be looking to spin up class #5, keep masteries going and eventually hit that point with all masteries available; try out a bunch of different builds and concepts, see what I can come up with and how it fares.

If I didn’t have any masteries left which interested me, didn’t have any interest in pushing one of my existing masteries further, and didn’t have any build ideas I wanted to try out, it’s time to move on to another game; plenty of good ones out there. Check back in 6 months to a year, see if there’s been any changes which make me want to dive back in. That’s just me though.

There is an expression: “Moscow was not built at once.” I am sure that over time the developers will add more of interesting things. In the meantime, yes, someone at high levels may become bored due to repeated identical actions.

Fun fact: Most ARPGs have lost most of their players a month after every seasonal reset. Be it PoE, D2, D4, whatever. Players play for the shiny stuff, and then take a break until the next shiny stuff comes a long.

“League Start” characters are a big deal in PoE, and “start” is all many players ever do in PoE. They scratch the PoE itch and then shelve the game until the next league start.