400 Hours in... and here's a few topics for 0.9 Feedback//Suggestions

There’s a whole bunch to talk about… I’ll just list it all here and see where it goes…
For background: I have 3 MP toons: Bowmage (MarksmanRogue+ReignOfWinter+MourningFrost), Disintegrator (SorcerorMage+Ingvar’sHead+Gambler’sFallacy), and WhackaMob (VoidKnight ES/Warpath No Uniques required) – These suggestions have nothing to do with the toons I’ve been building:

1. When entering some Echoes in the Monolith of Fate, there are times that mobs spawn-in too close to the player, and thus, you are attacked before you even finish loading into the Echo and have a chance to react. This can kill a hardcore character outright, depending on the mob. Solution suggestion: Create a larger/wider safe zone for each Echo so that this can’t happen or have a small delay where the player is invulnerable until 5 seconds after the player’s first action has elapsed.

2. A bunch of us were chatting in US West and we all agreed on one thing: There should be a Unique Primalist piece of gear that changes Vines into Pet Rocks. Because Pet Rocks > Cocaine Squirrels.

3. The Echoes in the Monoliths of Fate need some randomization. From the Fate Map I know which map I’ll be on, what the layout is, and generally, where the MacGuffin for the level will spawn near.
    Some Solution Suggestions: 3a) In many of the maps there are open areas where little random things could happen that would encourage exploration. Examples include a side quest; shop with items you normally can’t purchase; forge with random bonuses/changes for crafting; 3b) VoidTouched Players: Oh No! Orobyss got access to the EHG Database of toons and starts turning them to the dark side! Fighting a battle against other player designs could really keep a Traveller on his toes… 3c) A random Rift takes Travellers to an unknown part of the Epoch Metaverse not regularly seen during the campaign…

4. In the Monoliths of Fate, as the corruption rises, so does the Chaos: Void Weather effects can include: Meteors, Avalanches, and Lightning fall… The background comes alive turning that Tree, Rock, or Ruins piece into a miniboss that attacks… Rare Shards appear as drops but grow legs and run away from you… Dropped weapons suddenly strike without warning… Gold rains from the skies… Wind gusts push you in random directions (maybe even off a cliff!)… Gravity changes…

5. I’ve seen some other players suggest dailies (quests, rewards, etc) – Please, as someone who works a full-time job for a living, it is impossible to log in every day to anything. This is why I play aRPGs and not MMOs or F2P Titles.

6. In MP, scaling the HP of the mobs per player works but you could also… Increase the size of the mob packs… Have special MP only mobs that can knock down//stun//toss or drag players around with big hits… Increase the effects of chill//shock//slow and other non-lethal effects to create more player tension…

7. There is a severe issue with Corruption Scaling that makes 90% of the builds in the game unusable at higher Corruption – specifically, those builds that focus on defense (armor and element soak to physical damage so that all damage can then be mitigated with armor combined with high health and health on hit or leeching effects) are the only ones that can stay alive for any length of time and all others get one-shot even by small things like rats and spiders. I wish I had a suggestion for a solution here. In my experience, even disgustingly high dodge and ward builds have much less survivability than armor builds at high corruption.

I’m going to add a point to #7 here that for almost all builds you can use Exsang/Last Steps and stack Health to make a build viable for high corruption, but that removes two gear slots and limits what you can do with the build.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.