2 Rune ideas

So I have a couple new Rune ideas I’d thought I’d suggest. Both of them are only usable on white chest/helm items and would be very rare drops.

1. Rune of Glass: Base item now has 4 Prefix slots for crafting. Adds 10 instability to the item.

2. Rune of the Juggernaut: Base item now has 4 Suffix slots for crafting. Adds 10 instability to the item.

I think this would be a fun way to either go full on glass cannon, or to take care of a large majority of your defensive needs on minimal items.

Thoughts?

Some slots, like belt or gloves (depends on the build a little bit), have very uninteresting prefixes.

But getting 4 suffixes on gloves or belt sounds incredibly OP.

The thing in LE is, you can’t get every defense layer very high, but with this, rune you could get some crazy stuff like hybrid health, % health, health and % dodge on one single item (belt).

I really like and want more runes and glyphs, but I am not convinced about this particular suggestion.

The interesting thing in LE is, that you simply can’t get anything you want.

2 Likes

I understand that but that’s why I stated it’s limited to white helm/chest items only. While this gives potential for some heavy offense/defense options, you are working on a base item. The likelihood you are getting it all the way to high tier in all 4 spots is…well totally up to the RNG gods.

Oh, somehow i skipped the helmet/body armour part.

But both of those slots atill ahve some of the strongest defensive affxies and my point still stands.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like discussing different ideas, but I don’t see changing the amount of prefixes and suffixes for specific items via any means, to be very exiting.

I would much rather prefer very rare powerful runes embracing the current crafting system.

More deterministic runes of removal, more powerful glyphs etc.

1 Like

Great feedback to an interesting suggestion. I agree with you but think your last line should say “you simply can’t get everything you want” rather than “anything you want.” :slight_smile:

It’s an interesting idea, but this means you’re starting with 10 instability on a white item, meaning the only way to craft something worth wearing is to sit between the gambler and your stash for hours hoping to get lucky for about 14 rolls straight, IF you get lucky with the first 6 rolls using the glyph for stability.

Ew.

EHG balanced the itemization around the “two prefixes - two suffixes”. I feel this should not be altered.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.