100% Uptime 400k Damage Earthquake Werebear 0.8.1I

Yeah lagon targeting hopefully gets fixed soon

FYI - you can wear Kermodes Cage - Kermode's Cage - Unique Nomad Garb - Body Armour - Last Epoch Item Database

Which gives 25% increased Mana cost and 2 mana regain on kill however you can wear this, turn on Wearbear and switch chests and the game snapshots the mana cost and mana regain on kill - so basically you have infinite mana clearing monoliths without having to cast anything but Charge

This build will get nerfed due to the interaction with the stun on EQ, you can stunlock every boss so they cant do anything

Im using the Kermodes Cage trick above for mana sustain. Is there a better skill to replace entangling roots since we dont need it anymore for the mana? @boardman21

Mealstrolm is mana is not an issue and you dont want to use roots ( have mealstrolm have % chance to proc each second through passives/items/idols)

Maelstrom is just more damage which is not needed because EQ just one shots everything besides bosses. Is there some skill that will help with survivability in Arena?

Mealstrom offers chill on enemies and dodge rating oer stack for you That good defense.

Only skills you can use while in werebear

• werebear form
  • ice thorns
  • thorn totem
  • mealstrom
  • entangling roots
  • swipe
  • earthquake (with unique)

Sounds tasty.

3 Likes

I was fortunate to get Bhuldar’s Wrath on the very first kill checking out the timeline and the boss, I respec’d one of my Druids to use the weapon who was 78 now 84, ive played around in Werebear and Human form to test various setups etc

This setup will get nerfed and I dont know if EGH reads these threads but the biggest issue is the Staggering Force stun node means you can just perma stun everything in the game including every timeline boss completely. I dont even know what Heorot or the Void thing even do because I just stunlocked them to death

The build wont work well without Werebear Charge but if they have to nerf the damage then maybe put a modifier on the weapon for ‘Non-casted Earthquakes do ‘xx’ less damage’ and regarding the stun adding a line ‘Non-casted Earthquakes cannot stun’ because Staggering Force is basically broken and you arent meant to bypass the cooldown, the line is probably too harsh for non Werebear but honestly theres no point not using Werebear - the whole charging around smashing mobs is fun gameplay and it would be a shame to remove the build entirely

Hey love the build super appreciate all the cool things you put out boardman, I’ve run this one a couple of different ways and i was curious if anyone had tried stacking CDR & cdr while transformed on the helmet, I haven’t managed to make a decent one yet but having charge up that extra bit more often seems like it’d be a lot more fun vs using the prefix to pick up 2 points in ursine heart

double CDR would definitely make it even more charge charge sounds like fun :slight_smile:

People keep telling me this build or its prototypes will get nerfed. While it may or may not, I don’t believe they will butcher the build entirely as doing so will make the unique worthless as it is currently the only way to run it.

I do agree that the stunlocking of bosses is overpowered, however that is more to do with bosses not having a diminishing return for stun mechanic more than the build itself. (This will probably be added soon)

I’m not sure why the community has such a hard-on for nerfing whatever comes up as strong- that’s kind of the point of the game, to invent builds that are strong and have fun. Additionally, alternative builds that retain the same level or even higher levels of power depending on gear level (Elemental nova, shield throw paladin, shadow daggers blademaster, lich, and so on) have had the same comments made about them when they rose to power yet for the most part have not had significant nerfs and are still as powerful as when they were in prominence 3 months ago.

Bosses should get stun DR mechanic at some point. But don’t be so sure that it is going to be nerfed- the build still has significant defensive issues that don’t yet push it over the line in my book as being ‘completely overpowered’- bladedancer’s mobility is still here, arguably sorcerer / lich are far more manuverable and mobile whereas werebear needs a target to charge to to change position.

Overall it is a very forgiving and relaxing playstyle, but again i think that is part of build variety - every build should be different and every build has its pros and cons. For example, you won’t improve mechanically as much as you would playing a dual wield human druid or a turbo sentinel about melee kiting and positioning mechanics, just because the nature of the build is point and click / go.

Overall, its still a very fun build and one I hope continues to exist as an alternative archaeotype of many which will emerge with multiplayer on the horizon - just how much these different types of builds will impact with each other in a multiplayer setting I suspect will change alot of people’s opinions of what is fair, balanced, and so fourth.

I did take inspiration from a few of boardman’s videos on werebear variants and while I have chosen to build mine alot more differently (much less emphasis on offense, for example) his videos have been quite informative in my own journey to push this build to the peak of endgame. Cheers Boardman

It is not the only way to use the unqiue. Just as werebear
Leapquake is a thing

We domt want it. We expect it. Also a nerf doesmt have to get rid of the build it could be as simple as making the uniqies have a CD on earthquake or make it cost mana or anything

1 Like

That’s a common theme in game communities and could be seen as a coded way of saying “look how powerful this build feels”.

Negation of boss mechanics via stuns (or massive damage) are an issue the devs will need to fix before multiplayer, hopefully by adding an incremental stun resist as the boss gets stunned that wears off as it doesn’t get stunned. Or they’ll just increase the boss hp with multiple people in the instance which will make it that much harder to be stunned.

Did you drop the Ice Thorns skill for totems? If possible, would you mind posting a link of your character? I’m trying to improve the survivability of this build, but I’m not entirely sure what to tweak…

Ice thorns will give better survivability than thorn totems.

For survivability, you want 5 points in beserker for 30% DR at low health
60% Endurance with threshold of at least 800
You can wear Wings of Argentis CHest to get 40% DR since your always moving
Get lots of leech, with the insane Damage output your always be healed
Take the 16% LEss damage from nearby mobs in passives
Cap Your resistance
Should Have Decent armor 30% DR at least

1 Like

Awesome, thank you very much!

Hey, is it possible to the see planner with your tweaks?

That’s a snapshot of my character. After transforming, I take off Kermode’s Cage and put on Titan Heart. You’ll notice I have almost no resists. I haven’t found them to be necessary at all since the build is so broken lol. I breeze through empowered monos no problem, but I haven’t fought an empowered boss yet…

until we reach or get that Unique item that cast earthquake skill , we suppose to use it manually ? or

You can use it manually outside of werebear or just use a swipe werebear build until you get it