100% Melee Minion Harvester of Blood Necromancer 0.8.1c (Rip Blood Edition)

I meant with the wandering souls suggestion, sorry. So my necro is lvl54 and I wondered if I should use wandering in early mono farms versus something else, or just use this build as is at this point (which is how I have it setup), and then what is my best weapon choice until the unique?

At 54+ i would just keep your setup and work towards this. Really any weapon is fine just put minion damage and minion physical damage on it till you farm the unique

Ok, cool. And last question (not lol), for now should I autocast rip blood until I get the unique?

you can manual cast yes to buff your minions. the 30% more damage and attack speed really helps

Great build, as always. One item though seems off. You have “Added Minion Dodge Rating” on the Unread Scroll, but in the game it can only be applied to helmet, boots, ring, and relic. How did you get it applied to the off-hand catalyst?
I know I don’t have to have the affixes applied to things the exact same way to utilize the build but this one just confused me.

its a legacy item. It was possible before 8.1 ill make sure to change it in a future update.

Ah, thought that might have been the case but saw in the video you were on 8.1c. You must’ve caught them unawares. :wink:

Legacy items are items that still have stats from previous patches that are no longer obtainable. Minion dodge rating used to be allowed on catalyst so if you had any items before 8.1 with it you still have them. So it is possible in 8.1c to still have catalyst with minion dodge

I meant to take off legacy items (since not everyone will have them) but this one slipped through the net

Great build but as a beginner I need to ask the most hated question:
Any chance for a loot filter for this please? :wink:

I really love it, but after a weeck of farming still no weapon on Formosus, necro are really gear dependent ><
I cant wait to have multi and be able to trade loot, i.e I have a TON of boot to share from Formosus, maybe someone got weapon :slight_smile:

Inside tip, when you beat formosus, dont accept anything just look at the loot if no weapon just portal out and then you only lose 3-4 echoes and can redo boss faster. This makes farming the weapon easier so you can enjoy using it :slight_smile:

While this does work, it’s also an unintended exploit.

1 Like

Sorry I’ve never face formosus but can you farm the weapon in regular timeline or it needs to be empowered timeline?
Also do I need to be over level 80 to get the drop?

No, it needs to be empowered but your level is irrelevant. It then has a 10% chance to drop on top of the “normal” items Formosus can drop.

1 Like

Thanks for clarify this for me

Question about the Death Rattle Amulet, I got it at level 36 but it’s kinda a low roll and I have a better minion damage/health rare amulet.
Should I save Death Rattle for endgame when I have more crit chance?

When your minions have more crit chance the amulet becomes more efficient yes. Where that threshold is between death rattle and your current crafted amulet is I cannot say, but as you close in on 100% crit with minions the rattle will undoubtedly do better.

Hai, just a quick question, how do u get your warriors to have 100% critt, even with 2 2% idols they only have a critt chanse of 9 %, and i could only find 475% increased critt chanse from gear and passives/skills (results in 42.75%) is there anything im missing? or is it only the death knight that get 100 %?

Death knights easily get 100% thanks to all the added amount in their tree for base, with warriors you can also get Base Chance on Chest/Helm and then theirs dread shade which gives any minion you put it on 100% guarenteed crit and you can have 4-5 of those active.

So far I can say that I love the build, swapped harvest for blood golem while farming remaining unique, but after 17th (YES 17!!!) run still no weapon, and same for ring. I had a nice belt from the altar of flesh but was not able to pick it up, bug reported. So RNG is not on my side, that make me think that maybe have a currency on bosses that you can trade at a seller for item u want will help with bad RNG. it’s like the fire staff on emperor of corpse, made so many run and never seen it.

1 Like