100% GPU usage despite FPS being limited on menu

Hello,

I’m reporting a bug on behalf of someone else on another forum. A bug which doesn’t seem too rare so hopefully it’ll not be too hard to find and fix.

Issue: Even with FPS limited in-game, the GPU has a load of 100% when launched. It’s unclear where it’s happening, as one said it’s only on the character selection menu (and (s)he had it already during the early access), and the other it’s only before hitting the login page.

The one saying it’s only on the character selection menu installed RTSS (details on “best fps limiters”) on my recommendation, and it fixed it apparently.

3 Likes

Not just me so, that is good to hear., as my poor GPU and CPU are screaming at the menu

Same for me. GPU maxed out in character selection at 4k / 100fps limited.
Ingame GPU is at 80% most of the time.

It appears performace hunger increases with each patch.
I’m not saying my 3060ti is high end, but with everything set to low and fps limited to 60 it should be able to run the game without fans at 100%, right?

performace was better in 0.9 and it’s gotten worse along the way to 1.04

// continuing here: FPS incredibly unstable after 1.0 patch - #200 by scuubz

Same here, 4070Ti card and the character selection is maxing out my FPS even thought i have it capped at 144 in the game settings. My GPU hotspot temps hit 109c and the fans ramp to 90+% , It’s like D4 drama all over again!

I have good cooling and a well ventilated case. I even tried lowering my game settings to “High” instead of “Ultra” and it made no difference in the character menu selection. The game temps are fine but the menus would fry my $800.00 video card - UNACCEPTABLE!!!