1 to 75 Sentinel To Voidknight Autobomber | Leveling Guide | Best Beginner Starter! | 0.8.3E

Hello! New player here. Does your loot filter need an update? When I copy the raw data from pastebin I am unable to paste it in-game. The “paste clipboard contents” doesn’t work. I’ve tried other loot filters that are 0.8.4 and I can import them without issues.

@boardman21 Is there a reason you don’t take Rift Caller (void penetration) on Devouring Orb? I’m not sure what enemy resistances are set to in this game, so I don’t know if it’s worth the slot or not.
Also, is Cataclysm + Orb Master better than maxing out Dark Torrent? I’d imagine that it’d increase the stutter step problem a LOT. Is Cataclysm only worth it when you’re running Shield Rush?

The vast majority of mobs don’t have resists (or armour) so shred/pen is usually a % more multiplier. For the Void scorpions (that do have void resist), it’s more useful.

I’m curious about people’s thoughts on DE spec in 8.4. Since Extinction no longer boosts Abyssal orbs, is it worth maxing? Or even taking at all? I would say 89% of my DE damage is from Abyssal orbs rather then DE impacts. I was thinking 2 rift caller and 4 world rot, for xome extra duration to get some duration back, but it only raises the duration from 5 seconds to 6 seconds, so not sure if it’s worth 4 points. With Dark moon halving duration, even with a fair amount of CDR, I can generally only keep up a couple DEs, it was a pretty big hit.

Edit: On slightly related comment, to give a source for my mentioned CDR, for Anomaly, if you only go 4 temporal mastery and 0 lingering memory, and move those two points to swiftrest, you get 20% CDR. If you get a bit of CDR on gear, that lets you get full uptime on Anomaly, and get some global CDR. Cost is you cast Anomaly a bit more often, so slightly more mana and stutter steps.

use the build planner and then export the loot filter from there.

Thank you!

Ok so I got my devouring orb. When i watch the video game play I see 2 sometimes 3 orbs. When I play I only get one and sometimes a second and that feels random. Is there a trick to using this skill so I can get he 3 orbs.

No real trick? There was a nerf to devouring orb since the build video was released. It now lasts about half as long, depending on how you spec it, so it’s harder to stack more orbs. Depending on your stats, you should be able to get 1-3 orbs active at a time though, just from having it on autocast.

Thanks for the explanation. I have no numlock key so autocasting wont happen but maybe I will try just holding the key down and go from there.

I did that even with a numberpad 'cause the stutterstepping while out of combat was driving me nuts.

@Llama8 You can check “Mute error voice lines” in the sound settings to turn that annoyance off. :slight_smile:

That wouldn’t affect the stutterstepping though which was what I didn’t enjoy about the short cooldown auto-cast Devouring Orbs.

What is DE?

Probably a typo of Devouring Orb.

Thanks for the tip. I went to the MoF and leveled up to 60 and had no problems with Majasa and her crony.
I am now just concentrating on getting to 75 (currently just hit 71).
When is the most advantageous to switch over to the sigil of hope?

When void-bombing becomes my main source of DPS instead of spinning with warpath, would it be a good idea to respect the sentinel’s 3 passive points from Overwhelm (+melee physical damage and stun chance) to Fearless (+vitality and health regen)?

Yes. 10 chara

1 Like

Hello all,

So im doing this and in Devouring Orb i got a node with only 1 point on build theres 2 points nn it, is Abyssal Rush, did it got nerf? or i am missing something?

It did, @boardman21’s just not updated the build planner to reflect the changes in 0.8.4.

Great thank you!
Build dtill viable? or to nerfed?