1 To 75 Leveling Guide For Primalist -> Druid 0.8.1c

Welcome to the community!

At level 40 I despecialize wolves so that I can start leveling the other skills that will become more useful

You dont have to do this if you like your pets you can keep using them

What’s the use of entangling roots? I’m nearly always in werebear form and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything for me?

Entangling roots does several things, gives you 90% increased damage, heals you for up to 50 Health (increased by healing effectiveeness) Per second per patch your standing in, and can also give you 1 mana per second per patch your in.

As well on the defensive side, it slows down enemies by a massive 80% (i think its 80 off the top anyways)

Oh, sorry I wasn’t clear. It’s never up for me because I’m always in werebear form? Great guides btw!

1 Like

In werebear skill tree look on the right middle side there is a node that say Cast entangling roots when your Roar, when you take that you can use roots inside werebear form by roaring

Oh dang how did I miss that. I’ve been following your guide as best as I can and I just missed that somehow. I’m new to the game and its been overwhelming. Found your speed shaman avalanche build and wanted to try that. Found this leveling build and finished up the story and when I tried to switch to the shaman, well as you can probably guess found out I was locked in druid lol. So I’m playing this now until I get up the motivation to start a new toon lol. Noob mistakes.
Edit: Okay looking at the video again, I just wasn’t far enough into the lvling process to get that far. Seems to me that maybe it would be better to get that autocast node on roar sooner since otherwise the entire skill is kinda dead weight?

1 Like

Well if you take the entangling roots node before the mana effeciency node on the bottom left, roar become very expensive and will knock you out of werebear form more often. Its why i went Right before going left

hi, im using your filter i noticed not all exalt item show up in green is it normal ?
good build btw very enjoying it !

Working on redoing this filter, but take the exalted/set/unique show rule from bottom and place it on top. That will fix the issues.

Lootfilter is now added and updated to the new template

thanks ! :slight_smile: im actually having difficulty pushing arena more then 100’s wave im getting one shot :frowning:

this is my druid gear : Druid, Level 75 (LE Beta 0.8.1e) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Probably a Captain Obvious answer to the question but I’m assuming that in the Build Planner links included at each stage the skills showing in the skill bar are not the ones we’d be using?

Correct. Press S and it will show the skills that are specialized. When mostly in werebear form you have different skills than whats on your skill bar in human form

Prior to the most recent patch this build was working really well. I just hopped in post patch however and I immediately noticed my mana regen while transformed has dropped dramatically. any big fight is having me end with 50% or less at level 77, I can’t imagine making it through a boss fight. Did something change?

Base mana regen was nerfed from 10 to 8 in 8.2, this is why your mana is running out.

There is NO mana regen while you are tranformed.
If your casting entangling roots when you roar, STOP that its a rootin mess.
You need to increase your crit chance, likely one of hte weapons your wearing had crit chance reduced or something so you crit less which means less often your getting mana back on swipe use.
Get to 100% crit and mana problems be gone!

Every item that’s dropping since I just started is colored red, is this intended?

1 Like

Yes apparently when the new filter options got added in 8.2 ALL FILTERS made prior do not automatically check the advanced option box and so anything set up with tier levels isnt properly setup. Im slowly but surely getting back through the ones i can and updating them

EDIT:

update: Filter updated to 0.8.2c

1 Like

Thank you Boardman! :heart:

Hi Boardsman, have been consuming your content as I try out the game. Thanks for being welcoming to newcomers. Obviously, 0.8.2 changed things considerably for this playstyle by making the mana regen roots less viable. Do you still recommend specializing in roots and the totem with the changes to roots? While leveling (I’m around 45 I think), I have prioritized crit to the point where I am just over 50% after charging, but I’m not really sure where the build is going from here if roots aren’t viable.