1.2MIllinoin+ poison damage,Shurikens and Acid Flask - BladeDancer 0.80c

You’ve answered your own question. “With bow attacks”.

I replied to @Gorgorel… sorry unclear answer

1 Like

Yeah there was something wrong. I have smoke bomb for 5/5 Smoke Blade’s melee damage, extra Dusk Shroud & Crimson Shroud, not Poison chance. My bad.
Melee damage is totally negliable though, just didn’t find a better filler skill for more damage/Survivability.

I found almost perfect glooves so im working on shurikens…

Do smoke blades “increased meele and throwing damage” work on poison? There is no hit on it but sometimes im still confused what works on what -.-

No it doesn’t increase the poison damage, just specced out of it for more frailty/silver shroud. Was useful for leveling, not anymore :+1:

I spent some time trying to estimate “how much dps”.

Base Damage of Poison = 150 (realistic with debuffs?)
9 Stars per Cast (= 9 hits)
2 Casts per Seconds (fair?)
1.200% poison chance = 12 stacks per hit

9 * 2 * 12 = 216 Stacks per Second generated
3,5 seconds of poison duration (3 * 1,16 duration mod on helmet)
You can reach ~750 Stacks max

750 Stacks each reducing res by 5% = -3.750% pois res on a 0 res monster
–> 37,5 times base damage ((-100% is 100% more damage))

37,5 * 150 = 5.625 damage per stack
750 ticking stacks * 5.625 damage = ~ 4,2 million damage of all stacks during total duration
4,2 million / 3,5 (duration) = ~1,2 million DPS

The range is a pain but the “dead” is cool :wink:

Thats the damage after building up max stacks and with the “illusion” to have them “forever”

1 Like

i believe that the current iteration of poison uses poison resistance shred, which can only stack 20 times. 5% per stack against normal enemies, 2% against bosses, so -100%/-40% maximum shred.

With a multiplier of only 2 you would never see 6 digit numbers on the dummy… but they are there :wink:

massive build, thanks for the guide XD combination of poision and shurikens is insane
think you can call it now 4.4 mil+ build XD
https://wasted666.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/44-mill-wasted666-stefthedude.jpg

I don’t think the resist shred that poison uses has a cap, it just functions the same as resist shred.

oh, that’s interesting. the math Hybria posted does only make sense if it functions that way, but i assumed the reason they changed the poison debuff from “increased poison damage taken per stack” to “poison resistance shred per stack” was precisely to prevent the infinite scaling of the former method. maybe it’s supposed to be capped?

i’'ve enjoyed my variation on the poison shuriken build but like all poison builds it’s just way too easy to get insane damage. maybe if they didn’t intend it to work that way, they should consider it. :thinking:

Yeah but than poison would be worthless. Base duration and base damage is much lower than other alliments.

Whats really totaly useless imho is poison armor shred in skill trees. Another 100% reduce… wow! Oh wait…

they’ve been trying to bring poison under control for a while now, gradually reducing the amount of the “more poison damage taken per stack of poison” effect and now replacing it with shred. putting a cap on that shred would allow them to tweak it in other ways (higher base damage and duration) that would bring it in line with other ailments.

i love poison builds but there’s no denying they are the easiest way to get insane damage in the game due the mechanics behind poison. (edit: with the possible exception of rogue’s crit vulnerability… but that’s another issue.)

If poison looses it “more in intself” it is just another ignite, bleed with another type of damage… boring :frowning:

Poison could get a effect additonaly to damage… like make other alliments last longer per stack? Maybe?

Yeah, as Hybria said, if they cap it then it just becomes the same as the other ailments. A long time ago I posted some maths/graphs about how they could fix the top end.

that seems like a good approach. i don’t have the math skills to really appreciate what you changed though. what is the unlabeled row above “function” and what, in layman’s terms if you can, does the function do exactly? (i understand that it may not be something easy to put into layman’s terms.)

is this just a way of applying diminishing returns to poison stacks?

Can’t remember, I think it might just have been something I put in to make the formula easier to write.

Yes, that’s all it was doing, making it so that every subsequent stack was slightly less effective than the previous one. The graph is probably the easiest way to look at it. The blue line was how poison was working at the time (8% increased poison damage taken per stack), the orange line was bleed (though you could take it as what poison would look like with no increased damage taken/shred per stack) & the other lines were various “strengths” of diminishing returns.

1 Like

Did a big mistake removing blade shield from shurikens tree and was suddenly not melting everything like i did…
That node make a huge difference.

This looks really cool. Thanks!

Would you happen to have a loot filter for this build you could share?

If you go to the general section , Heavy have a topic with casual loot filters .
I am using his rogue filter for my bladedancer and my marksman.

1 Like