1.0 Server Status Thread

Dear God, its impossible to transition from a map to another… almost 10mins waiting now …

1 Like

You are trollin pretty hard dude. This game does not need a new computer to play, and if you have a 14 year old son, you should know by now no launch is ever perfect. Never take a day off work. Also, why isn’t your son in school on a Wednesday?

Stop with the BS.

2 Likes

I went to his stream at some point and people were talking in game chat, dunno if it was after or before.

hmmm, so im not the only one who cant enter any other area?

Yeah, I only saw when he started, he clicked offline mode there. Might’ve changed later, but based on connection issues I personally doubt he swapped to online.

I understand your attempts to fight negativity, but you are hard coping. Its not about a personal letter to this random forum poster, its about 1 million products sold and not providing service for 2nd day running.

Also, while this is not uncommon indeed, it is obviously not “always” present :slight_smile: But others have been through this. Ofc its easier for MS Blizzard with in-house on-demand resources, top experts in the world and unlimited resources to resolve things faster. But still, 150k CCU is not apocalyptic in the grand scheme of things tbh.

It’s all true, but it shouldn’t ALWAYS be like this at every launch. There should be some accountability, and not some cosmetic that everyone gets.

1 Like

I don’t want to be negative here and I truly admire your efforts but the game is far from ready for online experience.

1 Like

They… are… working… on… it…

Trolling pretty hard? I have over 5k hours in this game. This isnt my first launch, I know what to expect. Some hours of difficulty, potential disaster. Last night at 9pm they said things were “fairly stable”.
I got a new computer so my kid could use mine.
He’s off school because of midwinter break.
I took off 2 days because I havnt had a day off besides sick days for over a year.
You’re overthinking what I said but apparently you have the time between load screens.

Who’s trolling?

Funny, must’ve missed the update then:

Update - 08:58

“Fairly stable…”

4 Likes

Not even the biggest AAAAA companies can do a smooth launch. When you have massive amounts of players trying to join and play at the same time, this is what happens.

What? Their lives literally revolve around a video game. It’s the launch of their only product which by the way, is a video game.

2 Likes

You are just frustraded. Take a time off computer and the game and deal with it, play something else. Looking like a 4 years old. C’mon now.

LF refer a friend code: NiQQ

send me your paypal!

1 Like

Additionally it feels more buggy to me than the previous version(especially on boss fights where I try to hit the boss and my character tries to run on it in melee range, I believe it has something to do with new visuals dunno) and that is not related to server issues.

In my experience, this is likely from people with little to no experience in cloud infrastructure having to maintain and manage cloud infrastructure. I’ve seen “chief architects” at startups who don’t know IaC manually wiring it up in AWS.

I’ve heard that there was an issue with an API which prevented people from zoning (and thus also zoning into the game to begin with). While the server that handled the requests could have buckled under the pressure (most likely I suspect), it can’t be ruled out entirely either that it wasn’t an error in an update of that API.

I agree with your assessment; I work for a cloud provider and even there I see that the people who work on the architecture are undervalued and retention of especially those people is close to non existent. It seems to be a common issue regardless of the business you’re in.

Thanks also for the kind words.

1 Like

I am just here to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for the amazing game and even if the servers aren’t stable, I can only imagine you are trying your best. Imagine being 9PM and people are still working to keep every one up to date with how the fix is going. I hope people are actually working on shifts. Get some rest, we’ll be here!

And can we stop with the ‘indie’ label? It’s been in development since 2017 and in 2022 they partnered with Tencent, so yes, they do have that Big Bad Blizzard money.

1 Like

You people should all go to work and stop blaming these guys. If you work on IT you should know that having a huge change on server loads is always very difficult to handle it properly. Always something unexpected happens even if you did a good load/performance test. It will take some time to get it back to normal. You cannot expect everything fixed right away. When you are sick, do you get fixed right away even after having medicines? No, right?

All what i see here is a dedicated team working hard to fix the problem, and on the other side a bunch of immature people demanding things. I have been in multiple war rooms, and when this kind of things happens, it is hell inside there.

What should not be acceptable is the fix/patch taking more than 3 days because i think this is critical.

2 Likes