0 ABV Frozen Drinks For Heatwave

If you’re anywhere near the southern United States right now, you’ve probably noticed that walking to your mailbox is neigh unto treading on the sun at this point. (If you’re not, hopefully it’s not even hotter than that where you are.) The summers are always brutal, and I’ve made an important discovery recently because of the current one that I’d like to share with you here: Alcohol-free frozen drinks.

If you own a decent 1500 watt blender, it turns out these are pretty reasonable to make at home. If you don’t but have been thinking about getting one, I recommend the Nutribullet Smart Touch. This is the one I got recently: Link

Assuming that is the case or that you’re willing to blend the heck out of something regardless of your blender’s performance, there are now two 0 ABV frozen drinks you can find the recipes for at the end of my cocktail doc: Link

You’ll notice the Painkiller recipe isn’t mine - That’s something I got from Anders Erikson on Youtube. It turned out amazing, so I recommend trying it. (See below.)

The method for these is really simple as well, though chopping up frozen pineapple for the pina colada can be laborious. I’ve found that having both hands on a paring knife and leaning into it is effective, but you wanna be careful and make sure you don’t care about the plate and/or surface you’re cutting towards too much.

Also, if you have a large blender it might not cycle properly as it’s blending unless you double up these recipes. That ended up being the case for mine.

Here’s some pictures of mine to inspire you to treat yourself to one of these and beat the heat. Cheers!:

4 Likes

Nice job again, like your last Bartender post. I feel like these need a catchy name you can use in the Title though. Like “Knight’s Bar for Solid Metal Beverages” or something like that. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey, I really appreciate that! Glad you’re enjoying them.

If they were solid metal though, how would you drink 'em? :thinking: lol

1 Like

Frozen stuff makes the heat worse for me. My insides want to get warm again and go into overdrive while my outside tries to stay cool and goes in overdrive as well. Result is always the same: i sweat enormous ammounts. I stay with my 8°C water and that’s it ^^.

1 Like

Cold stuff in the winter is no problem ^^.

1 Like

I’m not a mixed drink person so I don’t do frozen drinks or anything like that, alcoholic or non (I mentioned this on the last bartender service you shared.) Water plain. coffee black. whiskey neat. I also don’t like dressing on my salad or sauces on my food (pasta and pizza being about the only exception.) I just think it’s awesome you’re putting these up here. It’s really neat because I do know lots of people love them. I just like seeing fun ideas.

1 Like

Now THAT I would probably try as long as it doesn’t have food that food eats on it. :smiley:

2 Likes

I like bourbons and scotch. Bourbons for everyday. Scotch when I can afford it. I’m not a fan of Canadian or Irish whiskey as I find them to light for my palette.

1 Like

At least there’s some small semblance of culture to you.

2 Likes

I feel seen at last.

1 Like

You’ll get over it, don’t worry… :people_hugging:

Edit: that’s the worst hug emoji I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Lets see you level up:

2 Likes

I finally added one drink to the frozen drinks that is completely original / my own: I call it “The Sundowner.” It’s like a cross between a Painkiller, a Pina Colada and a Banana Daiquiri. Quite complicated to make but I think it’s worth the hassle, personally.

Sundowner:

Pineapple Juice - 6 oz
Orange Juice - 2 oz
Cream of Coconut - 2 oz
Lime Juice - 1 oz
Maraschino Cherry Syrup - 1 barspoon (~0.25 oz)
Ground Cinnamon - Generous Pinch
Ground Nutmeg - Sprinkling
Ice - Half Cup (4 oz)
Frozen Banana - Half Cup (4 oz)
Frozen Pineapple - Half Cup (4 oz)

Blend, place in glass and garnish with a sprinkling of Ground Nutmeg on top.

1 Like