[0.9g] Rubberbanding "fix" actually just introduced the bug to me

Patch note on 0.9g: “Fixed a bug which caused “rubberbanding” (being moved backwards) when using movement abilities or the Temporal Shift ability in the Temporal Sanctum.

Before the 0.9g update, I rarely ever had rubberbanding issues with rogue’s shift ability. Today, almost every time I used shift, it would teleport me slightly out of position a moment after landing. It was as if my shift’s end-location was slightly inconsistent with the server, resulting in the client forcibly teleporting me to my “real” location.

On top of this, I tried Temporal Sanctum for the first time today. A few times, temporal shift would trigger twice in rapid succession, leaving me back where I started. This caused me to take a huge hit from the boss after I shifted out of her large circle attack, almost ending my run. Since it was my first time with Sanctum, I can’t say if this bug is new to my client or not. The rogue shift issue is definitely new, but it could just be caused by extra latency on the server.

Update: someone posted the Julra bug as its own post with a video example:

Julra bugged? - Bug Reports - Last Epoch Forums

My guess: The rubberbanding “fix” in the patch notes was meant to patch the repeated slingshotting effect that would sometimes happen after using shift. This fix was probably implemented by comparing server position to client position, then overriding client position by force if there is a mismatch after a teleportation ability. However, the server is not receiving all inputs consistently, causing the client to bear the consequences.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.