0.9.1c Patch Notes

Are performance issues being looked into? Noticing since 0.9.1 that loading times are 2-3x longer than they were before, also getting lots of lag/stutters even though latency sits at around 20. Packs of mobs just freeze for a second then everything rushes in.

Glad to see the AFK fixes, was really annoying getting kicked while changing passives around or crafting.

Also, it seems strange to nerf the potion find % when it wasn’t working, how can you tell it needs a nerf if no one could use it before?

4 Likes

I agree with you. I also just tested and the relic that gives burning damage per potion chance, still doesn’t work properly and even if it works the nerf makes it not very useful.

1 Like

Can’t get into Monolith of Fate area at all now no matter how long I let it sit there. Eventually it tells me I lost connection. I can get everywhere else I tried though… scratch that - after some more testing getting anywhere seems hosed. Guess I’ll wait until tomorrow when all the fixes get fixed.

can’t even load into game to see the fixes… guess i’ll wait for 9.1d

The servers have died since this patch dropped. Can’t load into any zone.

Starting about 2.5 hours ago, a number of our servers in US-West are experiencing connection problems to our online infrastructure, causing very long load times or entirely failed transitions. Changing to another server region will bypass this issue while we work on a fix.

Edit: We have made a change that seems to resolve the problem. Monitoring is still in place and we will re-assess tomorrow if necessary.

4 Likes

I seem to be experiencing a bug with the Journey to Maj’Elka quest where after speaking to Saazhar it does not progress the quest and locking me out of the rest of the story. Only started after this patch.

Thank you for listening to us about the AFK timer and it’s issues.
BRAVO!!!

1 Like

This just occurred to me, but I knew where the quest was anyway and went and did it (do you know or is this a first time through?) When did it both activated and completed the quest at the same time.

I’ve done it before but haven’t played in a while. Wanted to check out the new content. I’ll see if it works your way, thanks.

1 Like

Just found this, as I went to file a bug report. They’re aware of it. And someone else gave the same solution. One of the devs confirmed you can do this to workaround the bug right now.

The transition loading time, afk timer and mtx visual issues are my biggest bug bear this patch. Hopefully these will improve. I also think there needs a better way for people to find parties in game.

Good luck devs! Will be taking a D4/Exilecon break for the next couple months :wink:

I’m not sure you are following what happened at all. It wasn’t working at all previously. Removing it from rings doesn’t change any current builds because having the affix did nothing already. Fixing the affix means where it still exists you now have an affect that you didn’t have before. It’s a buff. There’s no downside.

On top of that the entire reason for this change is because they are actively looking at balance. They want to make sure it wasn’t too powerful. In other words if they decide it’s too weak, they’ll probably revert changes.

2 Likes

Ill hold my breath, the item is way too weak, and might have been playable with the extra stats from rings.

Burning daggers is 100% added effect, and cinder strike already has the potential to get 5 flat fire throwing per attack in the past 4 seconds possible up to well over 100 if you stack speed.

Pedantic arguements dont help us get interesting builds.

potion find was not working at all, so if they changed the values to 1/100th of what they were you could still spin it as a buff “well it didnt work before so anything better then nothing” no, its just simply not worth building at all.

Anyone that thinks this would be op has not yet played with the item.

1 Like

This one made me smile. It’s about 4 steps away, in an otherwise empty area: we can’t ask ARPG players for that much exploration and initiative!
:wink:

In my experience, it doesn’t when it is actually disabled. But it re-enables itself all the time, you have to “untick and retick” disable chat whenever you see the conversation.

1 Like

I would really like this infection in the form of virtual currencies to disappear from games, just like loot boxes. A huge request to the developers to make transparent prices in real currency, so that thou can see exactly how much this or that thing costs in dollars or other national currencies. Trust me, people will respect thou even more for it.

The most important thing is not to repeat Blizzard’s mistakes. Be wiser and learn from the mistakes of others :slight_smile:

Okay maybe u dont understand whats happening yeah it doesnt work before fine , but they fix it and with the fix they nerf it soooo hard that there is NO reason to play the Unique at all i try it after the patch and my BD has pretty good T7 Exalt find potion+ throw damage +fire damage blablabla stuff and i only do 3-4k crits on a dummy thats like 200-400 crit in 400+ corruption so u say thats just a balance ? dude for me its destroying a full mechanic of a new item… there is no reason for removing the affix on the rings bec. with the affix on the rings u still would have shit damage so they have to buff it or the new item makes not any sense in the game its just trash loot for the ground

…but worse than it should have been.

I love the timeout change. I was getting booted while setting up my loot filter. Yes I’m slow but I put quite a bit of effort into my filters to make sure its updated with my character.

The chat re-enabling itself is every area transition for me. No party play involved at all.

Started a new character last night. I love how Act 1 looks and plays now. Well done!

However …

Nothing happens when I try to talk to Balthas after defeating Orian and Emberwing.
I disconnected just after the fight and went back to the area. He is there but nothing happens when I click him. It was late so I just went to bed. Do I need to start the character again? It’s so close to the start that I’ll probably just do that.