[0.8.5F] New loot filter is not saved after quitting the game

Hello EHG devs

I’ve spotted an issue with loot filter - newer one is not set. To reproduce the issue:

1. Ensure there are no loot filters in the folder.
  2. Create a loot filter, and set it as active.
  3. Play a bit, then exit the game.
  4. Run Last Epoch again.
  5. Create and set a new loot filter as active. EDIT - It’s likely the bug occurs when you set the filter in the combobox from ‘Manage Filters’ dialog, not from ‘Settings’ directly.
  6. Play a bit, exit the game.
  7. Run Last Epoch again.
  8. BUG - check settings, you’ll see that not the newest one, but previous loot filter is active.

Kind regards,
MasterBLB

Player.log (2.0 MB)
Player-prev.log (1.9 MB)

Hey there.

Thanks for this report.

I am not near my pc to try and replicate this according to your steps but i’ll try later. I have noticed filters changing for multiple chars before -i…e. The active filter carries over to other chars but not intheway you describe.

I wanted to reply first because your log is full (repeated over and over again) of null references that relate to text objects. I have seen this kind of error before, usually with people having problems with filters, messed up installs, and sometimes a corruption with saves.

I see that you are not using Steam (recommended by the devs right now for various reasons) so you cannot do a file verification. I would suggest that you do a reinstall of the game to make sure its ok.

Your removal of filters from the filters folder should negate corrupted filter files so thats probably not an issue (can’t be sure).

Please can you test this issue with a new char and see if it could be character specific.

Also, open and close the filter window multiple times to confirm that a filter is active. There is a ui issue where updating status isn’t always displayed correctly.

The game is freshly installed, around a week old.

Okay, I have two others characters, will check them as well.
Hmmm, it might be class specific - for mage the loot filter has not been changed, however for acolyte it has.
Also it might be related to the way it has been set - for mage I’ve changed it directly from ‘Settings’ panel, for acolyte I’ve used ‘Manage Filters’, and there the combobox at the top.

Did that already. As the bug repeated, not only for me but also for a friend I decided to make the report.

Honestly how long ago you installed the game doesnt seem to have any impact on if the install is messed up or not. From experience with LE errors/bugs its always important to check this possibility off the list - especially when a player.log file is showing lots of repeated errors like your is - that is not normal by any stretch of the imagination. Its obviously important to isolate and confirm that one issue is not affecting others.

Ok. This is exactly the extra info needed to troubleshoot this. Changing in settings versus changing in the lootfilter menu could defintely be a possible cause with one overriding the other. Logically a change in the Settings would apply to all chars whereas one in the lootfilter would apply to the character loaded. Definitely worth checking/testing to be sure.

Another thought… Are you using a very basic filter rule - something simple like hiding Normal / Magical items, or are you applying a complicatated filter (specifically with the emphasise option)? If you are using a complicated filter, it may also be that there could be a bug in the specific criteria that you are using that could be causing the error in the log and/or the active filter assignment changing (e.g. the game is struggling to load it and defaulting to another).

I’ll still try and duplicate this later.

My filters are not overcomplicated.
for a friend: For_Friend.xml (5.6 KB)
mine: Polowanie na afiksy.xml (9.9 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.