[0.7.10] [AmarathyGaming] [Fire] Flame Reave 1M+ Crits (Written Version)

Please note; I did not create this build. This is simply a small written guide that is useful for having open on a spare monitor in order to copy the build exactly. Please direct any questions related to the build towards the original creator (link found in the credits section).

Updates

• Posted 22/10/2020. Guide is viable for patch 0.7.10(a/b/c)

Passives

Mage
Sorcerer
Spellblade

Skills

Enchant Weapon
Firebrand
Flame Reave
Flame Ward
Teleport

Idols

Increased Melee Elemental Damage is the primary stat here. Look for Increased Armor/Mana as a secondary stat.

Gear

Below is a Tunklab Gearplanner link that has been put together from the gear shown in the original build creators video. This gear is not min-maxed correctly but should give you a basic idea on how to get started.

Gearplanner Link

Video

This guide is only for the Fire sections of the video.

Credits

• AmarathyGaming is the original creator of this build, all credit for skill choices, gear choices etc go to them.
  • Myself. I took the time to collect screenshots, create the gear link and put this post together from the above video. I have the permission of the original video creator to make this post. If you would like me to do the same for your videos, please reach out to me on the forum :slight_smile:
3 Likes

I work with Lightning because dealing “true dmg” is kind of nice… at least outside of bosses. I think both setups are equaly good performing. I’m still not sold on Firebrand it’s far to clunky for my taste :(.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I was following it myself and was wishing something like this was available.

Hey… Also like Lightning (love the stun stacking & shock)… This build works really well with lightning if you have a decent base lightning damage… Crap if you don’t.

Firebrand… yes… I personally wouldnt call it clunky but I agree that it takes some getting used to… One thing I found with Firebrand is that you have to get into a rythmn of sorts building stacks and kiting mobs into position to take a full Flame Reave blast… Add Blade Weaving stacks & Enchant Weapon cooldowns and it makes for a very satisfying almost full screen mob wipe and does great damage on bosses. But yes… its not always a smooth sequence and there are times (a few seconds at a time) when being out of sync with boosts can make it seem a little underwhelming in the damage department and you dont seem to be getting anywhere.

One thing I found on Firebrand is the Pyre node & flame wave… it does fantastic damage boost for normal hits (while stacking for the nukes) but the 10 mana use is impossible to sustain without reworking things dramatically. :frowning:

I skipped Firebrand and took the hit in dmg but play with Mana Strike max mana reg built so mana is a non issue while I still get some % global dmg (or was it as?). I’m happier that way.

i haven’t reviewed amarathy’s build but i’ve played a varation on llama’s build up through the first level 100 timeline, and i found that it was possible to keep firebrand by not taking any of the nodes that give it a mana cost. this kept my damage more consistent by not switching to lightning damage for mana strike, and allowed me to spec into flame ward for more defense.

once they fixed the unintended interaction with flame reave inheriting some of the crit modifiers from firebrand’s tree, i believe the damage on my version of the build was comparable to llama’s. of course i’ve never made close to a 1mil crit with it, but i didn’t need to. :slight_smile:

Sounds like there might be enough interest for me to work with Amarathy in getting a full lightening version of the written guide up :smiley: Thanks for the feedback folks!

1 Like

:+1: Manastrike is great, I just wanted to try the Firebrand…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.