Your most enjoyable endgame build?

Yes, as Trkster and me explained in our previous Post’s.

Since Harvest is doing the only melee dmg here and the Node “Elements Of Death” convert all added damage to necrotic for Harvest, the dmg type for weapons doesn’t matter.
Even the up to 25 implicit cold damage on the kraken beak will be converted.

That’s the reason i choose Kraken Beak. Since it’s even more damage than a terror mace for example.

But you could use any 2H weapon.

The reason i use 2-Handed weapons is the “less damage taken from critical strikes” suffix.
Since i really do enjoy playing 2H with that affix, since it allows me to get more defensive suffix/blessings for other stuff

1 Like

Oh, ok.

I’ve been leveling this build for some time and seems great, but I’m still using Bone Harvester (the +60 necrotic damage and +12 int seems really good compared to most rare weapons, unless I drop a high-level base with some fitting rolls). I’m still curious of the weapon in the builder tho. Why is there a chill chance? Wouldn’t like half of the mods be even more useful? You could get all stats for more int/vit, chance to blind for even more crit reduction, health on hit for more heal, or even move fraility to the weapon and get another defensive stat on gloves? (unless it doesn’t work while transformed if it’s on the weapon)

Chill is the strongest defensive affix for bosses and tougher/rare mobs by far.
Frailty being the 2nd strongest, but i have that on gloves.

There are no other defensive stats that have balue for me that i could put on the gloves instead of frailty. I always try to go for chill on weapon and frailty on gloves or relic, since weapon is the only source fo chill for every character that doesn’t have chill on skills/passives

+All Attributes is a good hybrid mod for a bit of damage and more hp, definitely not “bad”.

Blind is unnecessary since i already have the “less damage taken from crit”. My less damage taken from crit is not rolled perfectly so in theory blind would lower the incoming dmg slightly, but that’s miniscule.

Health On Hit is completely useless since i already have massive health on hit on harvest via the “Life Eater” Node (i have 75 Int in my current gear, with some gear still not having maximum int affixes)

EDIT: Bone Harvester is a really good Unique, especially when you happen to find it early, since it’s relatively low lvl equippable.
But a decent rare weapon is way stronger, just because of the base dmg.
Bone Harvester having necrotic dmg is only usefull when you don’t want to play with “Elements Of Death”, which would spare you some points in the skill tree, but there are not other points that you can put points into that really elevate that build.

Only options would be Area or movement speed on crit for “faster” echo clears, but at a certain point a rare crafted weapon deals waaay more dmg, mainly because of the implicit.
(Kraken Beak has almost the same Implicit Damage than a Bone Harvest has on it’s implicit(50) + explicit(60) + the 13 int = 13 necrotic melee dmg for harvest = 123 Flat Melee Damage; Kraken Beak has 90 + 25 Implicit = 115)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.