Why can't I use left click to attack and move? No stand-in-place?

No, it works. Assign a skill slot to your left click. If your mouse is over an enemy it will use the skill, otherwise you will walk. Hold shift to stand still and force the ability to be used.

Not if you’re playing ranged. I literally just tried this out. All you do is stand there and attack, no move.

I think something is not being communicated properly because I also just tested it again right now and as far as I can tell it works with Swipe, Tempest Strike, Flurry (melee), Flurry (bow), Puncture (melee), Puncture (bow), Fireball, Lightning Blast, Flame Reave and Mana Strike. If you are experiencing something different, please open a bug report with details on the specific interaction.

I didn’t check a throwing ability but it really shouldn’t be any different. Also checked Javelin, Hammer Throw and Acid Flask. All good.

I assigned Flurry (bow) to LMB in what originally the RMB (skill 5) slot, and instead of moving, the character just stood still and attacked.

So you don’t feel alone in this, I kind of agree. A lot of attacks freeze you in place for too long in general and it’s hard on the lategame bosses not to get instantly annihilated. You just get very brief windows to attack and you can do very little to animation cancel out of it if you’re in danger. Shift to attack might help, but I’m not sure it would totally fix this.

That calculation / trade off is important to creating difficulty in a game like this. But at the same time, it really does feel like you get punished for attacking really hard on certain classes or spec’s that don’t get enough defense to eat a hit or two before dying. It’s even worse when you’re playing a boss that has an instant-death AOE that you 100% cannot afford to chance it on. The game really favors ranged and pet classes, that don’t have to worry about this basically at all.

As Mike wrote, open a thread in #bug-reports and describe the problem as detailed as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.