Why are there no weapons for throwing attacks?

There are weapons for melee (Melee physical damage implicit), and for caster (Adaptive spell damage implicit). Why are there no weapons with a Throwing attack damage implicit?

They REALLY should add Hammers as its own weapon type and have them do Melee Physical Damage and Throwing Attack Damage.

There are currently 6 skills with the Throwing Attack tag.

There is not a single weapon that does Throwing damage. It isn’t even available as a weapon affix.

3 Likes

Suppose only a Dev can answer that one… Maybe throwing was an afterthought and never originally intended to be a primary damage type?

There are quite a lot of throwing affixes tho… but yes, there are no weapons that provide flat throwing damage…

Which they basically did in the March 26th dev stream, where this reasoning was given:

Asked for this several times in the past. I think there was an answer that stated that they don’t plan adding throwing weapons. Throwing attacks are currently only “skill dependant”. Propably it would also not fit into mainly melee classes. A Sentinel could not use Rive or Vengeance with a throwing weapon.

They could do something like with the Rogue where attacks work differently with bows or melee weapons. But then they’d need to overhaul every single melee skill in the game.

I’d also love to see throwing weapons. But the combat system is too far now to implement it.

But maybe they could add weapons with implicit throwing stuff. For Sentinel this could be certain Scepters and or Shields, for Roge it could be daggers… Maybe

Maybe they could add crossbows that would not be with “bow attacks” but with “throwing attacks”. They would not be Rogue-only weapons then, they would be accessible to at least Rogue and Sentinel.

Everything’s a stat stick as Mike said in the stream… It’s, unfortunately, a design decision. :frowning:

I don’t know about this one. There are lots of items that have multiple uses. Staves can be used in melee because they have melee damage on them. Just because something can be thrown doesn’t mean you can’t just beat them or stab them with it. These items should still have melee damage on them.

I also object to the “thematic” arguments as people aren’t carrying around infinite hammers and potions and shields to throw around. The same could be said for infinite arrows. If they are going to throw that “thematic” argument, then maybe they should have people buying numbers of those things that are being thrown and once they have spent them all, they have to buy more.

Throwing Attacks have a specific tag and it doesn’t scale from the other 3 types. It either needs its own weapon or it needs to scale from one of the other 3.

1 Like

Don’t forget the lack of melee weapons not going blunt or breaking with extended use, armour not needing repair, the lack of toilets in Eterra (perhaps this is the reason for the void) as well as farmers or builders.

2 Likes

That, and I never saw my characters have a nap.

1 Like

Dunno. Maybe it will be added in the future.

Some daggers could work for this too. Kunai for example.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.