Why add multiplayer in when so many other things should take priority?

What I don’t get is that companies continue this behaviour on and on. It must pay off in the end to rush out a game and fix it later.

CP is just an unfortunate (I personally did not expect CDP to make this fault, too) example of a row of recently released games that are not ready for going public.

Small indi studios can make the excuse that they did not have the resources. But the big studios don’t have this kind of excuse.

The risk management of these companies seem to come to the conclusion that it is better to release a bugged game than to delay the release.

There’s no way that devs don’t know about the state if the game on release.

I’m working in the automotive sector and it’s the exact same thing here. Quality is one core pillar on paper but when it comes to release dates and timing plans, it’s absolutely low priority.

This sucks!

1 Like

I suspect that it’s a tiny bit different in the car industry. If a game crashes because of a bug, that’s slightly different to if a car crashes…

Most people don’t really know what they want or why. The interactions between our conscious and subconscious minds are an evolutionary mess even before considering that our brains are wired for moment-to-moment survival in the wilderness rather than the relative safety, comfort, and luxury of the modern world.

The majority of pre-online console games did not work properly 100% out of the box at all. They just worked well enough that they were playable as-is, and the processes behind most glitches were opaque enough to be overlooked by casual players. And the PC games of the same time weren’t any different; I love Diablo 1, but there’s still plenty wrong with that game in terms of major bugs.

I’m also someone who hasn’t played other games in early access, though I did follow Darkest Dungeon and Dead Cells in their early access days. If anything, it seems like people argue more during early access, maybe because they feel like they’ve got a shot at having an impact on the state of the final game.

Same here. I have zero interest in playing MP, but I want EHG to do a good job with it because nobody benefits from the opposite situation.

I won’t go into ranting on CDP as developers, but it’s the same thing with quality in my slice of industry (environmental protection and waste reduction, primarily for mining/metallurgy/fertilizer plants). Ultimately, the corporate hivemind is almost always most interested in maximizing its guaranteed profits, and it’s up to individual workers to actually think longterm and do a good job.

I’m not referring to cars crashing. This kind of thing has nothing to do with the term of quality I mean. Security is always highest priority.

I’m talking more of quality aspects like sound of an engine and/or gearbox, Entertainment system not bugging out or gap dimension of car’s body parts.

Theres a lot of quality issues the OEMs are aware of when releasing a new car. The difference is that many of these things are not obvious and hard to detect for normal customers. They are beneath the surface and will only affect a very small group of people. Some things will get patched out before even being noticed as soon as you have your first service.

2 Likes

I played Grim Dawn early access a lot and was fairly vocal about the balance of the game prior to release - especially on their approach to Shields which were so overpowered they did many changes over their time and shields got nerfed slightly but I never knew how much feedback the devs read - I would like to think if someone goes to their forums during development and posts genuine feedback they would take it into account

1 Like

Oh, for sure, I’m not saying people shouldn’t speak up about things they think could be better. I’m just saying (as a small sample size, unscientific, anecdotal observation) that people seem to get more invested emotionally in their suggestions and criticisms for early access (or during open betas for patches, where applicable) than when talking about a final release.

Having also worked in the Motor Trade for 26 years I 100% agree with this. On a new vehicle launch I quite often spend days doing updates to new vehicles before they are released to the public. Multimedia issues are often the biggest problems. The touchscreen units and getting so complicated now and are often being pushed to market with buggy software. Then we get a mad rush to update them all for a new model launch.

1 Like

Personally , i have bought this game on steam with a friend , because the multiplayer come soon .

1 Like

I feel like you are missing the point of this being a beta and we are supposed to be testing these things and making these reports. It is not a finished product. Even when multiplayer come it will be buggy bc we are all beta testers so we should be finding these things and helping the devs make the game better for when it does launch. It does so better than it would otherwise.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.