"Whirling Steel" effect not doubled when dual wielding or using 2H weapon

Did some testing on Whirling Steel for Warpath and the 40% damage multiplier doesn’t seem to be doubled while dual wielding as intended.
Tested on dummy with average of crit hits and my results were very close to 40% more damage with the 5 nodes while dual wielding.
Seems to be the same for bleeds and with a 2H weapon but I tested that more briefly.

This node should be working correctly. I don’t see any problems with it on our end. Do you have an example video of what you believe isn’t working correctly?

Pretty awkward to put this testing on a video but I just tested again with a bleed build.
I spin on the dummy for 15sec stop pick up the bleed number and get consistently close values so it’s pretty reliable.

Dual wielding axe/sword without and with the 5 points allocated I go from 45k to 62k bleed.
Using only my 1H axe without and with the 5 points allocated I go from 29k to 41k.

In both scenarios the whirling steel points give me consistently 40% more damage dual wielding or not when it states “double while dual wielding”. I get the same results testing my crit values with a hit build.

However my tooltip dps gets a 40% increase taking these points with just one 1H weapon and about 100% more if dual wielding but I want to trust damage numbers more than the tooltip…

does [“Whirling Steel” doubled effect damage affect Bleed Damage ?

It doesn’t specify hit damage so yes.

I tested it and didn’t seem to affect it.

Equipped with a Longsword VS wielding Longsword.

Bleeding damage is equal.

If it’s not then that’s another bug, though if the doubled damage while DW isn’t affecting hit damage then it won’t be inherited by the DoTs you’re applying either.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.