What do you guys think is the strongest SSF build right now?

EQ werebear once you get high enough to farm for the weapon.

Edit: it also depends what you mean by best. Highest dps? Tankiest? Simplest? Clears the highest waves in arena or highest corruption in monos?

1 Like

I guess I just meant Easiest to get going SSF , I wasn’t really thinking of Monoliths or Arena, but both seem fun. I suppose people build for either/or but not both?

I was seriously thinking of doing SSF EQ Werebear, because its not that hard to hit 100% crit and stay in werebear form pretty early on. But what do you think about Shadow Daggers? I kinda liked Shadow Daggers with mana/health generator like Puncture, and use shadow cascade on shift with Synchronized strike for single target? I know it got nerfed but do you think its still viable? I know McFluffin made a build like this a bit back but not sure if I like how squishy Rogues can be as blade dancer.

all of boardman21’s builds are pretty strong and viable. Also i’ve seen a few threads mentioning ssf. isnt the game in its current form all ssf? there’s no online trading etc so am I missing something here?
So just depending on what style of character you want to play since all of them have really strong builds

I suppose a shared stash takes away from the solo part. But that is easily fixed.

Yea, SSF is just you start with clean stash, gold, everything is gone. So its just a way to give yourself a bit more of a challenge. If you have already played any end game you will have tons of uniques to level with and enough shards to boost any new character quickly into end game. SSF just makes this a little more challenging because its like your playing a new character. I enjoy it.

right, gotcha. Well if it helps my very first character in this game so similarly to ssf was a necro going off boardman’s ice minion build. that build alone shot me straight into empowered mono easily and was my first char to kill orobyss. EHG have done minions very well in this game, a little bit of investment with gear and they go a long way. I would suggest anything with minions as a fresh character to take you into end game ssf safely.

By actually ticking the solo box on character creation, yes.

LE, where solo means solo.

1 Like

Yea Roonage, my first character ever was Critical strike ice minion build and it was insanely powerful. I farmed allot of gear for it and had tons of fun. Now that I’m just wanting to try some SSF I was just looking for some ideas, in the end I decided to try a Werebear EQ build since I think it will get nerfed soon lol, so I might as well try it while I can… :slight_smile:

that’s a great choice, it’s also what i’m currently playing for the last 2 weeks. sitting on lvl 96 i think it’ll be my first char to lvl 100. it’s insanely strong and quite relaxed playing style since you just point your mouse and autocast charge. Leveling the build could be painful though if you are doing ssf. I had the last bear scorn set and that helped alot just using swipe until high enough for the earthquake weapon. Otherwise it could be a painful journey :sweat_smile:

Yea, im level 50 SSF, having to farm everything. Just got an Exsanguinous drop. i’v went with dual wield crit and so far I am extremely tanky, with insane life leech but dps is a little, or allot low lol… So I am hoping to get some good base weapon to get that crit up to 100% and maybe some multi or something.

Is it possible to scale Crit to 100% with a 2 hander or no? I am just curious how I could push my damage a little bit to help with clear.

The beastmaster poison minions build is good for SSF since it gets tanky from the tree, so you don’t need to find good defences on gear. Here is Boardman’s guide

It’s interesting to see that you all call it SSF.
From what I’ve read, SSF chars in PoE share a stash. The SSF part is that they can’t party or trade.
In Last Epoch, this mode does not exist. With the Solo mode, you don’t share your stash with other Solo characters.
So calling it SSF may be a bit confusing for new players.

Is this POE?

There is no “SSF” in Last Epoch.

Weird, when I create a character I can select solo character and it gives me details about how solo it really is. The SSF acronym is used across many different games and is not limited to POE.

1 Like

Also the ladder on the LE website says “SSF”.

I don’t think SSF is a PoE trademark. The LE version also is more true to the wording. Because why would somebody call a game mode “Solo Self Found” and then have a shared stash with other characters? Wheres the “Solo” aspect? The correct wording would be just “Self Found” in that case.

I also wonder what the difference would be in LE between the PoE SSF and the current LE offline mode. Because LE offline mode already is without trading and single player only.

2 Likes

I would presume that it relates to the player not the character.

1 Like

I’ve played a lot of chars in SSF. The easiest by far was the Spirit Plague/Death Seal Lich. Fire Ele Nova Sorc also was very SSF friendly. Bleed Paladin also was very good and fast to get up and running.

Thanks, Im currently trying an EQ werebear because I think they may get nerfed, but I recently saw post for a very cool Lich build and I think it might be good to try next. Appreciate the advice.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.