We need Chinese

We need Chinese

欢迎

:wink::v:

1 Like

I do not see why this isn’t a good idea. More language is always nice, & Chinese market is the biggest in the world.

You read the thread I linked to right? Nobody thinks it’s a bad idea. The devs just don’t really see much point in getting what’s in the game now translated into a number of different languages, then going back to the translators in 2 months time for the next lot of text to be translated, then again in another 2 months time, etc until release.

Now, to be fair, they would need to do that when they do the leagues/cycles anyway, but at the moment they’re focused on getting the game done & out the door.

Yeah, nobody thinks localisation is a bad idea.

Chinese can be a bit different here. I’m relatively sure that Chinese citizens can’t just play on foreign servers. A lot gets blocked there. You defenitely need a VPN and that is not as easy as it is in the western states.

Setting up a Chinese server is also not like just renting a service. Theres a lot of work necessary to create a Chinese version of your game. It’s not only translating the text.

Many AAA studios struggle with that so its propably nothing an indi studio is doing right of the bat.

For the same reason you have beta’s, testers, qa - because hoping everything will be great and good the first time you try it is irrational.

I know, as I said, nobody thinks it’s a bad idea, it’s just a question of time & resources (and probably not wanting to go back to several different translation companies every couple of weeks).

You mean, Chinese (or anyone in China) cannot play a game that server is not in China?
That must sucks.

As you said, you’ve said that :slight_smile:
Recently there was an instance (Creative Assembly) getting trolled with it’s toKorean translation.
Idk if you know the title warhammer 2, but they had some ‘issues’
About new flc Korean translation — Total War Forums
various issue in korean localization — Total War Forums
which are fair impossible to spot if none of the devs even recognize the script, let alone the words or contextual meaning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.