Warpath: Reckless Combatant possibly bugged

I put two points into Reckless Combatant and my tooltip DPS didn’t change even though I’m using a 2H axe. Not sure if it’s just the tooltip that doesn’t reflect the improved DPS or if it’s actually broken.

I currently have 3 points in Iron Reach, 1 point in Warbringer, and 2 points in Reckless Combatant.

1 Like

Yeah this is happening for me as well. They did mention the following in the patch notes, so this must be one of those cases.

• DPS is very complicated to calculate, so the DPS value of a skill won’t account for absolutely every node or effect in the game.

It should work if you look at the tooltip while spinning with a 2 hander, though I think it’s actually boost global melee damage with a 2 hander equipt verse just warpath last time I looked. Not sure if that intentional.

Since the only way to do non-Warpath melee damage while Warpathing is via the Manifest Weapon idol, which is virtually never used, I don’t think it really makes much of a difference.

Shouldn’t this be fixed regardless since even by it’s wording it shouldn’t work like this? You never know what other interactions we will get in the future which might interact with this function and be broken. Better to nip it in the butt now before it becomes a problem in the future.

Yes I’m seeing the same thing. Adding points to Reckless Combatant doesn’t increase tooltip damage.

Hi, I’ve studied the talents Reckless Combatant and Parrying spin and they don’t work, dps, blok
chance does not grow.

1. I’m waiting for an answer support.
  2. Dates of correction of this error

Parrying Spin states that it gives block chance while spinning with a 2handed weapon. If you open your character sheet while using Warpath, with a 2handed weapon equipped, you should see your block chance/block effectiveness increase per points speced. This should be working correctly.

Reckless Combatant should also be working while spinning but currently gives you global melee damage but should be later corrected to apply locally to warpath only.

I haven’t played for a few weeks now and I’m unable to log in to check atm so pardon if I’m missing any details, but…

If this particular node only works while spinning, shouldn’t the node itself state this? And if it only works while spinning, well, that’s like saying the damage boost for an ability only works when you use that ability. That should be self-explanatory. But iirc this particular node doesn’t display its damage like other nodes due to this.

Consistency is important in RPGs because it assures the player that things work properly. I’ve played too many games with bugged abilities so I am always concerned that things don’t work as they should, and when tooltip DPS doesn’t reflect a change, I can only assume it isn’t working.

Reckless Combatant is providing a global change which is a mistake. Global changes don’t show unless the conditions are met, in this case while spinning. Once this issue is addressed it should work as stated.

Thanks for the reply, everything is really so

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.