Vary game/quest content based on class?

I’m one of those who likes to try every class early on before I settle into a favorite. As far as I’ve gotten, everything is exactly the same, regardless of class, which makes running through with a new character a teeth-grinding bore after awhile. Could there be something different based on class, like maybe a different starting area or class-specific quest line or something? I don’t want to lose my enthusiasm for this game, so I’m hoping this might improve later on in development. ps. I’m assuming gender and appearance customization will be options by the time the game is published for wide release.

Welcome to the LE Forum!

There already kinda is something like this,… very subtle though.

The quest, where you unlock your mastery does spawn different enemy shades :smiley:

But yeah, they could expand on this a little bit more, but it also means tremendous amounts of work.
This is will very likely be something post 1.0, if they ever going to do it at all.

This will be very likely not something for 1.0

There is a huuuuge thread about it with a lot of dev insight.

TL:DR: They really want to do it, but this cost a lot of time and ressources (mainly because of the voice acting, animations and 3D Art.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Over 50 staff, I don’t have the exact number.
Not a giant by industry standards, but far from “tiny”, and actually beginning to stretch the definition of “indie”. Definetely not a single guy coding in his basement…

That being said, while both features mentioned by the OP are things that I love in MMOs or CRPGs, in all fairness they are extremely rare in ARPGs, where we don’t really identify with our characters and don’t develop them for long.
Gender choice is uncommon (Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn have it, PoE or Torchlight don’t).
Character customisation is almost non-existent (only Wolcen I think?).
Racial quests and start areas: I can’t think of a single one having that.

But hey, if EHG want to be the first, they are welcome to do so, I would be delighted!
:wink:

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

As an update to that, I am playing Wolcen at the moment. (And, I confess, having lots of fun, feel free to flame.)
By some margin the best character customisation I have seen in an ARPG, and I have tried most of them: gender choice, facial appearance design, fully (and nicely) voice acted NPCs and characters, really nice graphics, lots of cutscenes and random ingame talks…
Campaign is really good, feels like a proper RPG more than a pure ARPG.

Yet, despite having some interesting core ideas, this game has so many design flaws in technical aspects, skills, passives, etc…, that it is completely deserted by the players. Great fun to play once, not worth sticking around.
Playing Wolcen has convinced me that EHG made the right choice in strongly consolidating the mechanics first, and pushing back aesthetics to a much later date (if ever).

2 Likes

Excellent point. I have Wolcen, too, but I haven’t played it yet. Your feedback is helpful.

I admit that I tend to identify with my characters, not only in D3 and Grim Dawn, but also in
Torchlight 2, which does have gender choice. Character attachment is, of course, far stronger in CRPGs. This forum thread asks for player feedback on what we might like to see, so hey, why not ask for it? :wink:

I want to thank those who replied for taking the time and sharing your thoughts and opinions. I read somewhere that the makers of Lost Epoch hope this will be a true challenge to big ARPGs like D3, Grim Dawn, etc. I really appreciate that they have created a thread so players like us can give them feedback on what we’d like to see, what would make the game more fun, and so on, especially if they want to eventually compete with the big games.

1 Like

Oh my god, of course! And even a few choices of face!
How could I forget my glorious moustache and monocle??? :woman_facepalming:
Senility is a terrible thing.

Absolutely. :+1:
I did the same when I started, suggesting many additions, including character customisation, something that I always enjoy.
My replies were not meant to disparage your suggestions, but just to explain why you shouldn’t expect these features to come soon.
I do hope they come one day, but they are not priorities.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.