Using the monolith in "Echo of a World" opens a different monolith depending on whether you are using mouse or controller

Bug: Using the monolith in “Echo of a World” opens a different monolith depending on whether you are using mouse or controller.
See video link here. First time is using mouse, second is using controller.

Thats just bonkers… has to be a bug…

There was another post about controller vs keyboard resetting Monoliths back to the wrong version of a monolith… I expect this is probably related…

Thanks for posting this… Just in-case the devs need it, please can you post your player.log from the session when this happened (logs get overwritten).

Nothing super relevant in the log file, just logging for input switch:

Input Mode : Mouse & Keyboard
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
EpochInputManager:set_IsControllerActive(Boolean)
EpochInputManager:ControllerUpdate()
EpochInputManager:Update()

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

Input Mode : Controller

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

Input Mode : Mouse & Keyboard

Just wanted to confirm this is happening to me as well. Regardless of what timeline I’m currently going through. Same problem, always get Fall of the Outcasts when using a controller, stay in the same timeline with mouse.

I was coming here to report this as well. Thank you for your service to the community.

I think I found the issue. There’s two instances of the monolith in the Echo of a World for controller users. If you continually move close and pull away from the monolith you’ll see your “confirm” button (A button for an Xbox controller user like myself) appear in two different positions.

The one up front that is centered on the monolith is anchored to the Fall of the Outcasts, but the instance that is towards the back of the monolith is the one anchored to the current timeline’s web you’re currently running.

For me if I just run to the right and as far back on the monolith, I guarantee selecting the web I’m currently in.

1 Like

We’ve located this issue and are working on a fix on our end, thanks for the report!

3 Likes

This is fixed in 0.8.5b, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.