Upheaval: Sound Bug

Yeah same is happening to me.

Having the same issue, it started when I converted upheaval to totems.

Same issue for me, mainly when I “spam” Upheaval.

Here’s a thread from Reddit with an additional video clip.

I don’t believe this is related to just upheaval, but a problem with sound in the game in general.
I have the same sound clipping issues quite often when playing a mage:

Starts happening during the boss fight, and happens intermittently throughout the remainder of the video. (Forgive me for my poor play, it’s my first character.)

Yup. We’re very aware and are working on it.

1 Like

In hopes of it getting fixed alongside the upheaval - the exact same sound bug happens with Volcanic Orb. Works fine the first 3-5 minutes of gameplay and then it starts stuttering/clipping like crazy to the point where it makes other abilities do it aswell until it’s just a clown fiesta of laggy sounds.

Our next hotfix will hopefully address this as well.

1 Like

For more info on the sound bug. For me, it was area-related, then continued throughout the session with cutting in and out at various degrees depending on activity. All skills, mobs, and minions had issues.

Attached is an image of where the sound issue started then continued until I got through the mastery at the end of time.

Sound Bug starting location

We have a potential fix for this in 0.8.4c, let us know if you’re still having this problem.

Haven’t played Upheaval yet, but the sound problem has started from using Warpath after patching to 8.4c.

Unfortunately, the bug is still persisting for me.

Running Werebear with Tremor Slam (Maul + Upheaval), have Upheaval specced

Thanks. We have another fix to try, but it’ll need some more testing internally first.

8.4c seems to have fixed the issue for me for a self cast upheaval (at least from the limited interactions I had with it) but I’m using the totem variant which still causes the issue.

Yep still getting it as well. I feel like it is worse when I have 10 squirrels using icebite for what its worth

Yup, we have another fix to try in the next hotfix.

We’ve released another potential fix in 0.8.4d, please let us know how it’s working on your end.

Sorry about the back and forth nature of this, the problem is proving to be inconsistent to reproduce.

It doesn’t seem to be happening for me now in 0.8.4d.

Have not had another issue with it

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.