Unable to reduce corruption

I mistakenly increased corruption (+8) on my Ending The Storm Monolith. I am having a difficult time getting past Phase 3 of Lagon and would like to remove the corruption so he doesn’t have 8% health and damage buff.

The tooltip on the corruption icon (top left) states that I can decrease corruption by defeating a Shade of Orobyss that is closer to the starting node. However, I have no Shade of Orobyss nodes which decrease corruption. They all increase and the echo is fully discovered.

How can I reduce corrption on this?

I would try to explode more nodes closer to the center to reveal a negative corruption shade.

I appreciate you taking time to respond. Thank you.

This might be caused by my misunderstanding of how it works. I’ve explored all the beacons that reveal more echoes, as well as many more. I was thinking this meant there are no more new nodes to reveal. But perhaps I need to complete more nodes that I’ve missed and one will open up. I will attempt to complete all possible near center and report back.

I did a bunch more nodes around the center and completed all reveal nodes. But, I’m still unable to reduce corruption in this timeline. There is simply no shades with negative corruption avaiable. Take a look at my screen shot. I think I’ve cleared everythign that could possibly lead to a new branch point near center. I’ve revealed at least 11 corruption shade nodes. But they are all positive, ranging from +4 to +13 corruption.

It seems there is no possible way to reduce corruption. Is it entirely RNG and now I have a permanent corruption on the timeline?Processing: missing_reduce_corruption_nodes.jpg…

https://imgur.com/a/WGUqSN8

Unfortunately, the tooltip leaves out this little detail:

If the challenge becomes too difficult, you can fight a Shade nearer to the center of the Timeline to reduce corruption, provided corruption is above 10 in standard Timelines or 110 in Empowered Timelines.

So, in your case, you’d actually have to increase your corruption before you can get Shade echoes that allow you to reduce it. I’ve yet to try myself, but I’m uncertain if it’s even possible to bring your corruption back down to zero (in standard timelines) or 100 (in empowered timelines) with the way it currently functions.

2 Likes

I ended up clearing the quest echo#3 (Lagon) with the corruption finally after about 10 attempts.

I see. Yes, that is an important missing detail. Thank you. Did you find that in release/patch notes somewhere?

I suspect it will not be possible to reduce to 0, if it requires you to exceed 10 first.

From lead developer Trasochi on the games Discord:

That makes sense, you can reduce it back down a little by doing a shade echo close to the centre, as long as corruption is above 10 (110 for empowered timelines).
Source: Discord Link

So yeah, I suspect not too many people actually know of the mechanic. Though, I have included this information in the Community Game Guide so I suppose some people must know. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.