Unable to Complete the Quest "An Ancient Path"

A quick google search shows this has been a bug in the past, but I don’t see any recent posts about it. The quest “An Ancient Path” is stuck asking me to report back to someone in town. The NPC my friend said to talk to is in fact blinking on my minimap, but when I go to talk to him he only asks if I want to respec.

This might be related to multiplayer? Originally I didn’t have this quest when we were running through the area, and when my friend turned it in this quest and the follow up “An Ancient Hunt” both popped up for me. I went back to the precipice to take the portal again and my quest updated properly when I did that, but no dialogue option in town.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue.

Out of curiosity, did the person you’re playing with interact with this NPC before you were able to join the zone?

Valid workaround I found and can confirm is to join another low level player while he turns the quest in.
Hard part is finding someone willing to help.
Just took me over 90 minutes =)

I hope they will fix that npc or add some other way to reset/abandon quests.

As far as I can tell the problem arises because u can “accept” the follow quest without finishing the first one. So the NPC gets stuck in this state where he gives you the dialogue with which he waits for you to complete the 2nd quest without giving you an option to turn in the 1st one.
This happens if another player finishes the 1st quests and accepts the 2nd quest while you are either not in the zone, or havnt completed the 1st quests yet. The 2nd to last step of the quest seems to fail randomly for some ppl so if u dont backtrack before your friend turns the quest in you are most likely stuck in this situation.

Hope this helps some people cleaning up their quest log.

1 Like

I was in the Zone when he turned it in. The follow up quest and the quest in question both showed up in my quest log at that point. I can’t remember if I wasn’t in the zone when he originally picked the quest up though. This is my first time playing the game and I wasn’t aware of the quest until this all happened, but I don’t remember seeing a quest marker for it. I even ran over to the dude pretty early on in town cause I was asking if his icon was the one that let us respec.

I had this problem as well.
I wanted to figure out how to trigger the error state in multiplayer.

Problem: Stuck on An Ancient Path not progressing from Enter Time Rift step and then hand in while in multiplayer.

Steps to Recreate / Workaround :

1. Start in a multiplayer session with two of any character new characters
  2. Progress to the point where the quest An Ancient Path is given after the battle trigger event.
  3. Enter the time rift as both characters, complete The Ancient Cavern till the point of waypoint activating and the time rift opening.
  4. Both players click the time rift in The Ancient Cavnern
  5. The first player to load into The Precipice gets the progress of the quest of activating the time rift while the second player does not. (in this case this was not the party leader that got the progression)
  6. The player without the progress using the waypoint to go back to The Ancient Cavern (do not go through time portal)
  7. The player with progress should leave The Precipice (we left to The Council Chambers but did not hand in the quest)
  8. The player without the progress now activates the time portal.
  9. The player without the progress now get quest progress for the time portal activation in the quest An Ancient Path.
  10. The player that had the problem with progress rejoins the other player at The Council Chambers
  11. Once both players are in the zone The Council Chambers, the player without the issue talks to 'Chronomancer Lerinne` and completes the dialog.
  12. Both players progress through the quest and get completion of An Ancient Path and start An Ancient Hunt.

I would guess that the NPC has to be in the correct state to trigger the ending as i had previous character get ‘stuck’ with never being able to hand in the quest to the NPC.

Edit #1 - Formatting

Ive got the problem as well seems to be a multiplayer issue shame its put me off a bit till its fixed probably try again with the next big update time to find something else to play for a bit.

I’m fairly confident I know what this is and it’s something we’re tracking internally. Appreciate the report and all the follow-up from others in the thread.

1 Like

only work around ive found is if you have a character stuck at this point get someone to join that hasn’t handed in the quest yet and it should auto complete like it did for me. hope it helps some off you stuck. Just make sure the other person isn’t stuck at this point.

In my experience, my wife and I had both quests because our friend completed the first one, and we couldn’t complete “An Ancient Path”. However, once we completed “An Ancient Hunt”, the first quest was marked complete and disappeared from the quest log. I’m not sure if we got the rewards at that time or not, as I didn’t notice until much later that it was gone.

is there any update with this after a week? i just played my first serious character to level 74 and i just found out i cant unlock my last couple idol slots. cant you just perma unlock the travel point or something to fix this quickly? a hotfix should be able to solve this pretty fast, not having idol slots is pretty detrimental to character power…

I just started playing the game and I have the same issue, I hope that this can be resolved.

1 Like

I just restarted a game in single player and it let me turn it in after going through the portal. But it’s definitely broken in multiplayer.

There is enough side quest for idols, you should be able to skip this one

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.