Trading Faction Info

I know it isn’t coming for 0.9, but if I was to play a multiplayer character on 0.9 release can I change my character to trading faction when it gets added to game? Will the items carry over?

EDIT: apologies if this has been asked before but there is so much to pick through I couldn’t find anything on it

I couldn’t remember seeing this answered but I’ve seen it asked a couple times.

Currently, we have no info. As such, I have asked the devs on Discord and I’ll cross post it here when i get an answer.

All characters, even after the system is released, will start off without a faction affiliation. All characters will have to go through the same process of joining a faction if you want. It doesn’t matter when the character was created.

Hi thank you for reply!

From my understanding items will have a trade/cof marker on them… will items be transferred to a faction when switching from no faction to a faction?

Example: I play until level 90 on 0.9 release. 0.96 release has factions added. I join the merchant guild thingy and all my items get tagged merchant guild? So will they be marketable?

Or are all items useless and can only be traded after joining the trading faction and getting new items?

I understand it is probably asking a lot for a straight answer, but any insight would be helpful!

Please re-read the initial announcement post and the accompanying FAQ. There is a lot of good info there and I think it would answer a lot of additional followup questions.

No, no, because if we tagged them, then they wouldn’t be tradable.

Color me even more confused

I was just curious if 0.9 items will be tradeable when factions get released.

I did learn no items get tagged unless player is CoF or MG traded through bazaar… I think? I really hate assuming but I think items will be marketable come faction release?

I knew I wouldn’t get a straight answer and still expected otherwise lol

Thanks @EHG_Mike

Popping a link here to the Discord responses here too for posterity sake

Yes that is a very reasonable assumption.
Why shouldn’t they be tradeable?

Current drop rates are going to be lower than a fully ranked CoF, when the system is released and we don#t have any better Exalted or LP chances rright now.

So everything we own up until the release of the faction system will not have any faction tag.

Once you trade some of these items they will receive a MG tag.

While this sounds enjoyable and I would prefer items to be tradeable on faction release, market will be flooded lol.

Also, makes it kinda pointless for any 0.9+ player to join CoF on faction release…

Just guessing!

I think for the default “cycle” the faction system is a bit of a strange thing.

But even then there will still be people who will prefer farming for their equipment and not going to join MG, so there will be alot of stuff in the stashes of these players that will not even enter the market.

Remember to even sell stuff you need to join the MG and rank it up to a certain point (depending on the items)

But the system will really start making a lot of sense, once we get into regular cycles with fresh economies.

From Mike on the Discord:

I understand what you’re getting at with regards to the bazaar and we’ve got some plans there to not completely ruin things right out the gate.

Source: Discord

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.