Trade & Item Factions

I wasn’t aware the genre was Action Role Playing (just not as Jordan Belfort) games. Interesting.

I’ve read some pretty douchecanoe things in my life… but this is borderline doucheyalerowingteam territory.

1 Like

I think we’d say doucheoxfordrowingteam/douchecambridgerowingteam this side of the pond.

1 Like

Fair enough.
TBH… I don’t know anything about rowing, other than I can maintain a sub-2.00 500m pace for a decent amount of time, on a machine :wink:

1 Like

All I know is that it makes my forearms ache…

How does the equip limitation/Tag interacts with item merging of the Temporal Sanctum?
Is it possible to merge 2 items from different factions?

If either item has a requirement, that requirement is carried over to the resulting item. If the items have competing requirements, it gets rejected. This applies to Item Faction Requirements the same way it does Class Requirements.

1 Like

I disagree about prophecies not being content.

Imo its a new mechanic only CoF gets to tinker with. Vs MG gets the bazaar trade is just that trading every game that has trading does a bit different. In the end trading is just trading.

The way i look at it is. MG is the exact same game bit with trading. CoF is exactly the same game but has a new mechanic to mess around with. MG doesnt really bring a new mechanic to the game.

Prophecies is whats pushing me more into going CoF than MG. Its why i suggested making Prophecies available to both factions. Or giving a similar mechanic for MG players to tinker with other than strictly just trade. Thats not really a mechanic imo but a vendor/market

Id much rather play trade. On the flip side i also want to experience the new Prophecy mechanic. Which cant be done in MG

I also thought this system was intended for players to ask do i want to trade or not. Imo the system isnt doing that

Is this going to be something that can be filtered on in the stash, or can we get some way to color the icons when viewing that stash, so that CoF and Merchant-tagged items aren’t easily confused?

I’m curious to see how this will work with the shared stashes. I’m already hurting for space, most of the time, and can’t imagine having to deal with items divided among 2(3) different requirement tags (both factions + un-tagged).

MG players can also go kill X of Y in Z as much as aa CoF player & who knows, they may even get better rewards! And basic kill quests are only marginally less complained about than fetch/delivery quests in MMOs/etc.

IMO, it’s not a new mechanic, you’re doing exactly the same stuff as you were doing before, you’re just getting an extra reward.

Then there would be very little “special” for CoF (MG would get it’s own powerful tool to acquire items plus half of CoF’s).

Prophecies are as much of a mechanic as the bazaar/AH.

It is. If you want to trade you have to go MG. If you don’t want to trade CoF is probably better for you.

Will not joining either faction be an option?

Really love this system and think EHG has done an amazing job listening to players and really working out a solution that benefits all playstyles. That said (and maybe this is just my uninformed opinion) my first impression reading about the 2 factions is that each level of CoF is providing more and more fun bonuses while each level of MG is just unblocking levels of trade restriction.

Maybe that’s a distinction most don’t care about but it doesn’t look very fun to unlock. I can see why you would lock Legendary items behind a top tier but I don’t see why the rest of it is locked behind tiers. There are already faction and level requirements to restrict players so why is there a trade restriction? Seems like it would be more fun if there were more creative rewards and/or incentives to trade rather than just unblocking artificial trade restrictions. I dunno the MG perks just look sort of blah compared to CoF but maybe that’s just me and my uninformed opinion.

Perhaps having MG perks also include increased gold drops from monsters, increased selling prices to vendors, and perhaps even expanded vendor stock (various runes other than shatters perhaps), chances for Legendary items on vendors or from gambling, etc. Just being able to sell more stuff does seem… .meh.

It’s the Merchant guild, not Player-Merchant Guild. :wink:

2 Likes

Very good and fair points.

I’ll admit im probably burnt out on trade from playing poe. Its probably why CoF is more interesting to me.

More i think about the faction system. The more i lean into CoF.

I do really love the system and the problems its aiming to solve when it comes to trading such as flippers. RMT. Monopolies and such

1 Like

Is the amount of favor required to list or buy an item directly tied to the price the seller is asking for that item? It doesn’t look that way, from the examples shown here, unless those values are just placeholder.

I’m wondering why I would want to sell an item for 86,000 gold that requires 27,000 favor to list, when I have another item that could fetch 150,000 gold and requires 30,000 favor to list? Assuming that favor is the limiting factor on how many items I can list for sale, wouldn’t it behoove me to only list items that give the highest return per favor spent?

That’s fine, it’s why there’s 2 different factions that are diametrically opposed…

They are, as usual, subject to change/balance…

Sure, but that doesn’t really address the issue I raised in the 2nd paragraph. Unless the favor required to sell an item is directly tied to its asking price, they’re going to end up with a situation in which players only want to list items that give the greatest potential return per favor spent.

Same is probably true for buyers; why would I want to buy 1,000 gold-worth of item power for 100 favor, if I can instead buy 1,000 gold-worth of power for 80 favor, assuming that favor is the limiting factor on how much item power I can purchase?

Connecting favor costs to item power on paper (ilvl) won’t work, because the meta in these games is constantly shifting, and two items of the same ilvl can have a tremendous delta in their respective market values, depending on what’s currently popular for builds.

Good job EHG! Love the coming changes can’t wait to see where the future brings with great additions like this <3

You’ve gotta get you some grip and extensor work in there somewhere!

I know & you’ll need to get one of the devs to answer that.

The only thing I can think of to squeeze doesn’t like being squeezed that hard…

1 Like

It would still be POSSIBLE - the same way headhunter and mageblood would be possible in PoE

In fact even without the cost to list it would have been expensive as all hell - but DOABLE with a lot of farming to sell to gradually get enough(because what idiot would list an omnis for anything less than MASSIVE amounts of currency?). Very few would succeed, but the point is that it can be done.

If CoF can target farm Omnis via an INSANELY expensive prophecy(as in so costly it would take dozens of hours farming the favor via a hyper optimised strat/build in order to get it) then it would be able to compete with trade, if it is flat out impossible to target farm omnis, even at a price similar to what people sell Omnis for, then CoF will be worse than merchants in a pretty significant way.