Trade & Item Factions

Yeah, I’d imagine that multiple characters over both factions is probably going to be common unless you really don’t like the idea of one faction (or really love one). That would allow you to change factions more easily, but it doubles the time required to get to high rank/favour with both. So it’s not going to be a short term thing. If a person is willing to invest a lot of time to get good stuff, or make getting good stuff easier, is that a bad thing?

So what?

I like how every time there’s some inconvenience in the game people suggest a new rune. :sweat_smile:

You ran out of forging potential - an ultra rare rune that adds FP.
You got a great unique but it has no LP - an ultra rare rune that adds LP.
You bricked your legendary - an ultra rare rune that reverts it back to the unique.
You want to trade CoF items in MG - an ultra rare rune that ignores the whole point of factions.

6 Likes

It’s almost like people (& I could just be going on a massive projection bender here) don’t like to be inconvenienced by silly things like “rules” or “balance” but want to have all the nice shinies 'cause it makes them feel special, especially if everyone else is inconvenienced by said rules/balance dictats.

No? Just me then.

1 Like

Whew. This sure is a take, Ayn Rand.

1 Like

Moreover, it will feed databases with useless items, over and over, until the server bill explodes

Can the amount of items in the Bazaar crashing the server, is actually a good question. It is something I brought up as well during our implementation. We should be good in that department. :+1:

It lacks creativity and feels a little bit lazy from the devs.

For Circle of Fortune input, if you aren’t keen on some of the rewards here, what is some type of reward which you feel would be more creative to be offered? I wouldn’t mind passing it on to our design team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to the launch and I appreciate all the great work EHG is putting into their product. I’m still very concerned though that the loop holes left in, so as to not completely lock down trade to much and risk alienating a significant portion of your possible customers, leaves to much incentive for bad actors to try and exploit your product. I really hope I’m wrong. I guess one indication will be if and how quickly LE gets its own forum on d2jsp.

because its the easiest mechanic to go to when theres a problem you want solved since its always on your character

I was excited when this solution was announced earlier and it’s looking pretty good. Personally I’m going to be happy getting to play self found (or maybe with a group if I can cajole some friends into joining) in a way that isn’t gimped by trade.

But I’m also pretty impressed with how trade is going to be implemented. A convenient in game UI that respects the player’s time, (looking at you PoE) no reselling so supply doesn’t balloon forever, barriers to entry to make it more difficult to do trade botting, no scamming, haggling, or dealing with AFK players, etc.

This whole system just feels really well thought out. This is what happens when you put player enjoyment before engagement or other objectives. This should be the industry standard.

4 Likes

Items are removed from the economy (can only be sold once), but gold is not. Inflation can ruin the economy. There should be a good sink, more powerful than stash tabs and the lightless dungeon. Trade tax maybe?

Dought it will limit player numbers. But rather limit the number 0f players in MG to even make trade economy a healthy one.

I main trade in these types of games. However COF the way its built is far more enticing than MG is.

Due to the bonuses u get were as MG will have nerfes drop rates and only the bazaar. Thats it.

Currently i see COF over shadowing MG when this goes live.

Why would anyone go trade with how CoF is set up. Why would a gimp my drops. When cof will have the same if not better drop rates vs MG.

Imo CoF is way way to enticing vs what trading is currently.

As a degen trader in other ARPGs I felt this way, but it’s dawning on me how insane having access to everyone’s items with an IN-GAME UI is. It’s an absurd “droprate” multiplier.

I just wonder if people want gold that much.

How will this system work with a possible Guild Stash?

I’d really like to see some flavor for MG. Just like anything besides having an access to the trade system. Imagine you are choosing between a trade league in PoE and an SSF league, but with an atlas tree. I can’t think of any good option, but here some ideas: achievements / MTX (mantles from the Twitch drops would make more sense here) / something with gold (increase drop rate to make other stuff more affordable / decrease vendor prices / increase getting gold from selling items to a vendor).

As for CoF, ideally to have more choices rather than predefined rewards. E.g. extra drops vs increased quality drops. Though I suppose you want to achieve this with lenses and prophecies. By “quality” I mean higher crafting potential (or higher chance not to use it during crafting), better rolls for affixes values inside a tier (so in 20-30% tier you’re more likely to get 25-30% than 20-25%), higher LP, etc.

But I really love how you are trying to solve trade vs SSF issue! I hope it gets a huge success and affects other games too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Prophecies already give you alot of options to personalize what you want or don’t want. Lenses are just one more Step towards only getting that that you really really care for. In case its not clear. Lenses onl< affect Prophecies

I hate comparing everything to PoE especially for systems that are really innovative.
But even PoE has this with Atlas Passive Tree and Scarabs you can’t jsut get them right out the gate.

1 Like

I don’t see how this update is adding barriers to progression. Both factions only speed up your gains. Progressing within a faction only improves your search that much more compared to what we already have.

1 Like

It wouldn’t work. We don’t currently have plans to add a guild stash.

Before we even start, I think Merchant faction NEEDS a way to remove the currency from the economy in large amounts, or you will get massive inflation. It cannot be gold because the only major gold sink is a 1-2 mil per run dungeon that people will rarely enter in a trade league as they will prefer that money for trades. If the currency is favor, then you have already partially solved it via price to list.

I will comment on CoF because merchants is self-explainatory

Rank 1: 35% more items, which is ok, but still less than I think is needed
Rank 2: Ok for farming drop uniques that do not have a special base type… but players should get just enough runes of ascendance to not need this at all, and they could just pick up the item at some point if it drops, and the most important ones to farm are ones that drop only from specific bosses and thus cannot be got from Ascendance - so overall rather weak rank upgrade when trying to farm the big items
Rank 3: 25%more idols, stacks with items for 1.6875 times mult, which is way less than I think is needed
Rank 4:50% more exalts, stacks with more items for 2.025 more exalts(which is getting close to acceptable levels)
Rank 5:35% more mono rewards… meh, monolith rewards are generally weak
Rank 6:Double legendary potential chance -OH BABY YES!
Rank 7:Double T7 chance OHHHHHHH
Rank 8:Rare to exalted conversion:Absolutely insane, may exceed merchants faction in value, I love it
Rank 9:Great, this fixes the issue that merchant faction would have been the only ones running full sets, now CoF will run full sets too
Rank 10:depends on if prophecy drops are good or not

I think that the most important change is Rank 2 - as currently CoF does not in fact seem to have a decent way to target farm specific uniques the way a merchant can just BUY an omnis for a ton of favour.

Item base is not the only thing people look for. in fact SPECIFIC AFFIXES are the biggest thing that matters to a lot of people, it is not enough for it to be a rare body armor, thousands of those drop in monos, but only a few of the affix they care about drop. I have never cared about the mono rewards that give rare/exalted of an Item class, because they never give anything I care for.

On that matter, I do believe that the monoliths should have as both their affix shard rewards and some gear rewards ones that give gear that has certain generic groups of affixes(such as one that drops leech/regen/healing related affixes).

also on “unique weapon” being a possible reward, that is insanely vague, at least narrow it down to 1 handed, 2 handed and off hand, or even more specific - remember that the LONGER THE GAME GOES, the MORE UNIQUES EXIST and thus the less effective getting a random unique is when compared to just buying it off merchant faction. If a player wants a specific unique they should be able to prophecy it for a bunch of cost + a hard/long prophecy condition.

Rank 2:ok, but I think the specific item type thing should be really specific, not just “weapons”, but all the way down to “wands”
Rank 3:Meh, doesn’t give better rewards
Rank 4:That is a mouthful, I think it means increased chance of rare/unique/legend/set/exalt. Which is ok for uniques if this is a BIG multiplier, but I expect it will not be enough to make up for not being able to trade uniques
Rank 5:Good for early farm, on that note we really need faster stability gain in earlier monos so that we can actually get to empowered(not as a CoF thing, I just think monos should be faster to get to boss in general)
Rank 6:nothing… I am sad :frowning:
Rank 7:Double prophecy uses, cool
Rank 8:Double prophecy rewards, cool
Rank 9:Third lens
Rank 10: nothing… I am sad :frowning:

Oh, one question: Do lens of same type stack or do you need to have 3 different lenses, because if they stack you pick 3 times double rewards, if they do not, double rewards +double uses+ one other

This is why i suggested to EHG to allow prophecies to be used by both factions.

It doesnt feel good imo to give something content wise to COF but MG is strictly the bazaar.

This would also allow for MG players to also have another way to target farm other than just echo rewards.

This is still a RNG driven loot based game. There is and always will be some RNG involved and narrowing down on specific item slots already helps a ton with targeted gearing.

LE has not that many item drops to begin with, even if you compeltely disable your loot filter.

Are we playing the same game? Surely not every single of these rewards will give you something you can work with, but alot of these are really good when you throw on one or two crafts. I really do like those occasinal Exalted Body Armour loot explosions its always exciting for me personally.

The only thing that I am missing from MoF is a separate Idol rewards, the idol rewards only give class-specific rewards and those generic idols are really hard to target farm. The best loot explosions for normal idols are usually the Shrines (the only shrines I am actually excited about and even those give a lot of class-specific idols).

1 Like