Trade faction

Having just read the faction post, I wanted to suggest a change specifically to purchasing on trade (merchants) faction. I think it’s probably enough to require some favor and gold to purchase and then require rank to equip. By dropping the rank requirement for purchases you would open listed items to a larger market of potential buyers, and players could find that perfect item for a build they were wanting to create, purchase it, then build up to the point where they could equip it. Obviously items in higher ‘categories’ will have higher favor costs, and that alone should provide a sort of soft cap to how many levels above your rank you can purchase anyway, so i wouldn’t expect it to end up being abused without the rank req for purchasing. maybe there’s a reason i didn’t anticipate, but i thought i’d throw this out there because i like the idea of expanding the market and i like the idea of letting buyers pick up something to look forward to.

1 Like

We have very extensively considered this option. We will not be using it at launch but we will be keeping a very close eye on feedback throughout the launch.

4 Likes

Personally, I favour the opposite approach - drop the rank requirement for selling. I think it is far more important to have a healthy supply pool so players are incentivized to reach the ranks to be able to buy things.

Otherwise, players will look at MG bazaar pool of items available to buy (limited due to rank requirements), and figure they are better off in CoF.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d favour both. If you’re starting your character and happen to have a decent drop that you won’t use you should be able to set it up for sale right away.
Likewise, if you already know what you’ll need for your build, you should be able to buy it right away and place it in your stash until you have the ranks to use it.
Since you need to collect favor for both anyway and you still need to get the rank to equip, I don’t really see how this could be abused. The only way I can think of is someone that only sells stuff for the gold that they dump into another gold sink (like the dungeon), but I don’t really have a problem with that. Having to collect favor means that eventually your rank will go up anyway.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.