Trade development update - Introducing merchants guild and circle of fortune factions

Drops are still instanced and your increased drop rate has no impact on party members.

4 Likes

Incredible! What can I say except that this surpass my expectations far above of what I imagined. I’m very hyped for the future of this game!

I only have one question that i’m very curious, speaking of the future. I agree that crafting materials shoulnd’t be tradeable here, but what about “miscellaneous” items like dungeon Keys? Last Epoch will have PoE equivalents like Scarabs, Delirium Orbs, Incubators, etc etc in the future? If they do, will them be tradeable in Merchant’s Guild or the idea is to only trade equippable items?

Thanks again for the good work guys. I will try to convice more people to get into LE.

How does CoF item drops impact magic find of corruption. is it a multiplying effect or just a base chance of the CoF bonus on the current magic find numbers gain in monolith?

Keys are not currently planned to be tradable. Initial plan is “things that can be equipped” (idols can be equipped).

2 Likes

Really happy with the direction youre taking here! Thanks for listening to players that want trade and players that want a smooth solo experience!

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s multiplicative but I’m not confident on this one.

2 Likes

Yes please don’t make it additive, otherwise the higher you go into deep endgame the less the effect will be and it might feel meaningless.

7 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOO!! I’m so excited!!

1 Like

Will there be separate ladders depending on faction?

1 Like

I like it.

1 Like

The last we talked on this we were leaning towards adding a CoF or MG tag to the user within the same leaderboard. Subject to change though

6 Likes

Could you also add tags for number of people within the party for the push. like a 4P tag for 4 person party. So people can identify solo and party players?

Very interesting approach.
Curious about what you will do to gain favour.
Are those going to be optional encounters that reward favour if completed?

So the greatest takeaway for me with this system is:

• It doesn’t feel like a compromise, while still making both sides happy.

• Also I like that they somewhat flipped the decision of “Do I want to play solo” around into “Do I want to trade and lose all those juicy benefits?”

10 Likes

Ladders affect only a small minority, but if you care about ladder, you might be forced to join a certain faction if there is no distinction.

Primary method of favor gain is simply adventuring. Go kill monsters and interact with the end game systems. Special events would be cool and are possible in the future.

8 Likes

Now THIS is a welcome update. I was super scared that you guys were going to lean heavily into either “no trade besides item gifting” or “free trade with massively reduced drop rates”. VERY glad to see that those fears were unfounded. I’m super excited to see how this system pans out, this is BY FAR the most unique, outside-the-box, and thoughtful solution I’ve ever seen a game developer come up with to solve a very divisive issue. I am SUPER impressed with this, you guys ROCK.

6 Likes

Very elegant and interesting solution.
It should be hard to balance, maybe looking at the number in each faction may help that later.
Given choices and more option to the players is always good.

If I understand correctly items can only be traded ONCE (=Bind on trade), which should avoid flippers.
Also because Rune of Creation (LE mirror) reduced forging potential to 0 we should avoid any form of mirror mafia.

3 Likes

This is brilliant! Honestly I did not expect this at all, but I’m very happy with how this approach is being laid out. I was afraid the solution to this debate would end up “alienating” a chunk of the playerbase.

I find it a very elegant solution for a tough issue, especially being so divisive within the community.

3 Likes

About untradable crafting materials.

What prevents me to indirectly sell them like on Path of Exile’s TFT Discord server?

The crafting mat buyer “sells” me the item to craft, i use my crafting mats on that item, i “sell” back the item to the crafting mats buyer. And he pays me with additional gold on the trade back.