Trade development update - Introducing merchants guild and circle of fortune factions

Thank you for the explanation!

Have you decided that the progress for non-cycle MG3 and Cycle MG2 will result in MG3 at cycle end? Alternatively to taking the most advanced progression, progression could be carried over additively, so MG3+MG2 progress equal to MG4/5… Or is this one of the things you have not finally nailed down / decided?

Undecided at the moment. I would be very surprised if we took the sum of the two or some combination. I was deciding between the higher of the two or just always whatever is already on non-cycle.

Edit: can’t do whatever is on non-cycle as then you wouldn’t be able to equip stuff, has to be the higher of the two at least.

1 Like

can you make a ingame feature to check price of item, without the need to fill one by one on bazzar? just like awakened poe trade on path of exile

1 Like

That is totally fine for the time being.

Just wanna let you know that there is interest in a permanent solution that would not require my whole account progress to be wiped.

I woudl really like to play a couple of “regular SSF” characters and then maybe 1 or 2 characters specifically “SOLO”

I’m not quite sure I understand. You’ll be able to check all similar listed items in game via robust search and sort functionality. We haven’t discussed an “auto-pricer” system that attempts to give you what it thinks it’s worth based on the market. While not impossible, I think this would lead to a lot of poorly priced items by newer players.

Edit: I’m now picturing people putting up terrible items with a few really specific high value affixes for very low gold to try and force the auto-pricer to lower the value of specific actually good items so they can be bought cheaper or something. Just seems like a whole kettle of fish.

Yup, this is just the closest we can do for 0.9

I think Alderoin wants to see a (potential) price of an item “while on the field”.

So without the need of going to the bazaar

1 Like

I don’t think complexity is an issue to be honest. It’s just a new system, which people will get used to. I love the approach you guys have taken. ARPGs should be complex and have layers of depth with systems that players can learn, this is an amazing step in the right direction. I was a pro-trade player who wasn’t nearly as excited for release after the gifting announcement, this announcement has me hyped more than ever. Getting to choose the way you play is huge.

1 Like

Well, it would be a shame If i try out a new faction in a cycle or advance further than before because of a large time investment, and then the progress does not carry over. So please consider taking at least the higher value.

Otherwise, unless I’m max level anyway, it might deter from playing cycles.

The most common negative that we got as feedback that we’ve gotten so far is that it’s too complex. We think it’s not too complex but it’s definitely something we are going to need to work at to make accessible for less dedicated players. Hopefully for most people the decision is as simple as “Do I want to trade or not?”

2 Likes

Sorry, I edited the post, it has to be the higher of the two or else gear could fall off.

1 Like

Yes, i was also thinking about that, thank you.

Gold is useless though, why would I want it, there is still no reason to have it, unless Gold has some sort of use now, thats why I posted regarding runes as a consumable

I dont see the reason to map without the Prophecy one and just switch to the Merchant to go to the bazaar

This is absolutely Briliant. Seriously the best idea for handling trade and dealing with bots I have seen for an ARPG ever. Simply Awesome!

I think it would be a perfect opportunity to overhaul all the tutorialisation in the game in conjunction with a very good presentation of this new system during the story.

Good player on-boarding will work wonders.

Gold isn’t entirely useless. Vault of Uncertain Fate in Lightless Arbor is a pretty decent gold sink, for one.

what is TFT?

EverQuest had a bazaar zone, almost exactly as you describe, that launched with the Luclin expansion over 20 years ago - if I am understanding what you are saying.

exactly, this will save so much time

oh right that dungeon everyone hates and drops the same uniques as a full clear of the time Dungeon

Not really getting excited as others, doesnt address core issues of having nothing real tangible to trade