TP mid boss fight bug and potential abuse opportunity

If you teleport out of monolith boss mid fight, you can port back in, boss will respawn and after you kill the boss you can loot him, but the monolith progress is not marked as complete so you can reenter the same fight again, and repeat the TPing in and out infinite amount of times.

Did you do this and get multiple instances of loot that survived a log out?

Not sure if it survived the logout, since I just sold/shattered the loot, and well I can’t track the shards I got this way, but I think it’s worth investigating since this is fairly easy and simple way to abuse boss grinding for specific drop. When you do the same thing in random echo (non boss encounter) aside from mobs you already aggroed, the rest of the map is 100% despawned. Will check if the loot survives the log out later today.

1 Like

If it’s happening on the mono quest eco bosses, yes, certainly. If its just campaign bosses then not really since they don’t drop anything worthwhile.

Experienced it in Mono so far, on those corruption bosses (can’t remember the name)

Strange because when I port out, my TP is gone. Do you need to have done the boss/timeline at least once? Tried it in the first mono on the soul vessel boss (with 4 vessels in each corner you have to destroy).

What boss was it, if you don’t know the name you can describe it or take a screenshot? Also any other information you can give me to reproduce this internally would be helpful. I have not found a way to replicate this behavior.

Boss name was Orobyss, and he definitively dropped the loot for me, and fought him two times in a row. So the sequence is
Enter the boss echo/room (or however it’s called),
Hit him few times
Summon a teleport, and teleport out (blue teleport)
TP back in,
The boss will be gone but as you approach the monolith, animation starts and the boss will spawn again.
Once you kill the boss you will get the loot
You will be able to fight him again now, because the progress is not counted in monolith when you use TP (BLUE TP).
I didn’t test how many times this can be repeated, currently trying to recreate this scenario to try it multiple times

Ok killed him 2 times in a row now, so I can confirm that it can be repeated, but the drop was only shards in both cases, so I guess it’s not that big of a deal, or I just got unlucky

Ok, was unlucky, on 3rd time he dropped set amulet “the invoker frozen heart”. I used my phone camera to take shots of each drop with visible time in upper right corner in case you need some proof

Final update: After exiting the game and reloging, the items I looted this way did not disappear.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.