Too many unnecessary clicks for campaign and initial game need tuning

POE ladder player here, so I played this game like 5 hours yesterday and here are the few things which bothers me. Game in initial state is at least 10 times easier than any RPG i played i.e POE, Grimdawn, Diablo 2. I was literally standing in smoke bomb and face tanking like 6-9 mobs, I understand game is in beta and need tuning but it never had to be that easy and kills the fun for someone trying for first time.
Other concern is that questing requires a lot of unnecessary clicks, as a first timer it is a good experience for people to understand lore but once you start playing seasons or leveling multiple char i can see that as a annoyance, it should be just one click like in POE to complete quest and anyone who want to read/listen lore should be an extra option under npc window.

18 hours? I just played 1 char so far for 5 hours or so, i.e Rouge.

He just don’t want to debate the difficulty of the game here when there is another thread already ^^.

then again: Game is on the easy side of the spectrum and balance passes will come in the future. The difficulty ramps up as soon as you start empowered monoliths. The way there is a boring and mindnumbing grind so A grind untill you are there or watch patch notes untill you see some balance passes and come back then.

The ammount of clicks and dialog boxes and how these are implemented is not that great yes.

As i said in the second paragrah: the devs are aware that the campaign is easy and are intending on doing a balance pass.

the campaign in poe takes a lot more time to complete and it has a lot more unnecessary backtracking and bs in my opinion. The difficulty is debatable, but also, the full campaign is not released yet, they will include cinematics, more difficulty, etc.

Wait. No need to do that. I’m a player that very much enjoys trying new builds and gear. Do not make this game’s campaign like POE’s. It’s a pain to do, you need to cap resistances, you need to decide on build and gear from the start, etc. The difficulty for LE ramps up appropriately at the monolith. Players like me will be going through the campaign with lower skill points (because we switch skills and gaining skill points back takes a long time) and sub optimal gear as we are trying stuff out. The difficulty is fine for the campaign. Please don’t change it.

Instead, perhaps make a D3 adventure mode or allow level appropriate monolith to level up alts and give them passive points and idol slots.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.