Thorn Shield casting Maelstrom on cursor (Storm's Aid off)

I’m in Spriggan form. I’m using the Thorn Shield spell (with Glacial Grove passive + Barbed Thicket passive + Eterra’s Bulwark passive). I expected the Maelstrom magic to be cast on me. But it is being cast over any minion at the cursor.
In Maelstrom’s skill tree, the passive Storm’s Aid is disabled.

So it appears that Maelstrom is ignoring the “cast the nearest vine” from the Barbed Thicket node. We’ll take a look.

Thank you for your answer.

It’s is worst than that. Maelstrom is not casting on me. Only at my cursor.
We have two optins:
a) when i use thorn shield, it only cast Maelstrom on me
b) when i use thorn shield, it cast Maelstrom on me and on the nearest vine.

Thank you a lot for your answer. That bug is lowering my DPS a lot, because Thorn Shield need a lot of time to explode.

Hm I think it’s because you have Barbed Thicket with a 100% chance and the Eterra’s Bulwark node, which causes Thorn Shield to only be cast on you. Those should be mutually exclusive I believe.

Yes.
Waiting for new patch :smiley:

Good day for you

Mr. Reimerh_Qarts,

I think about your suggestion.
I don’t think is good make these two passives Mutually exclusive.
Why?
When you have 12 vines and six wolves, it’s hard to cast a shield on you for protection. So, Eterra’s Bulwark makes easy to cast on you.

The passive Barbed Thicket say: When you cast THorn Shield, you ALSO cast on one vine. So you can double cast it on you/companion + one vine.

I started encountering the same problem, I have no points in barbed thicket only a point in eterra’s bulwark. I’m currently leveling so I just put my first point in glacial grove and started encountering the problem. I haven’t even specialized in maelstrom yet as I am almost level 50. I took off all my gear to see if it was a unique item’s interraction. It was not, the problem still persists. I have the exact same specializations minus the maelstrom. Also it’s not just vines, my eterra’s blessing summons a healing totem so sometimes the totem gets the maelstrom instead of me since it spawns on top of me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.