The reason for EHG not nerfing classes is mechanical, not philosophical

EHG is reluctant and afraid to nerf classes, even with blatant bugs, because of the corruption mechanic.

If the respective specs change to the point of becoming weaker than their previous state, this will mean the monolith process will be compromised as the player will not be able to deal with the content they have developed.

In short, nerfing a clearly broken class will do more harm than letting them break the game.

My suggestion: make a tool were you choose how you decrease your corruption, then nerf broken classes to the ground.

But you can decrease your corruption though??? Stop trying to justify EHG’s stance. You’re grasping at straws.

3 Likes

They have already confirmed they are fixing the unintended mechanics but have stated, like many other ARPG creators, that they don’t want to make major changes during a cycle.

From the recent patch notes:

I have highlighted one section.

@Athamos: I would recommend that you give your feedback in the feedback section of the forum. This was meant as a feedback, right?

You do see where Falconers take a hit and Warlocks will keep on going. One has something taken away due to unaccounted resources usage.

Sounds like they should have paid a little for more resources to carry the usage. Then reevaluated after making the change.

They hit them because those classes (especially Falconer) were causing infinite loops in the code. I am not sure if you are familiar with infinite loops in programming or not but eventually if something is calculated infinitely no amount of resources will be able to handle it.

Yes, but now all these Falconers also need to lower their corruptions. I have already seen posts about this. So what can these Falconers do now?

The whole premise of this thread is stupid. Why is this even a discussion?

1 Like

No, it’s philosphical. If they hadn’t implemented a way to reduce corruption however long it was ago, you may have a point. But they did.

They did, a long time ago.

2 Likes

Well as long as “what falconers can do” isn’t crash the servers I am sure it is an improvement on the whole.

True, the trash classes should just play lower corruption. It will suck for MG players though.

You know that you can lower corruption in each timeline with effectively no challenge?

It is called Sanctuary of Eterra, a special node that is always present at the start point in any timeline that has corruption accumulated.

3 Likes

My understanding is dive bomb was causing infinite smoke bomb up time.

On my falconer dive bomb build i hardly use smoke bomb. This ahouldnt change my build at all. Will find out once i get off work

I understand the infinite loop quite well.
Still doesn’t make sense. Technically it’s not infinite.

To say it’s infinite means that the instance would have to spawn new monsters non-stop.
Then you’d need someone that will run around in the same instance without ever leaving.

Normally once you go to town, you can’t go back to that instance. They made it that way. When an instance ends, functions stop. That’s not very infinite.
There’s also an idle drop, so if someone is in a game, they get dropped.

Easy fix.
Set a maximum number of Smoke Bombs in an instance.
Set a maximum duration time for the Smoke Bombs in an instance.
Set a proximity range for Smoke Bombs, so when the player outside of the proximity, the Smoke Bomb expires.

Maybe I’m not understanding how the infinite stacks works. When I’m moving, it stays pretty low. I have to stand in the same spot for to generate stacks. Sure I’m not optimized for ward abuse, but I’m sure there are other ways to find a solution.

@Zahua
So what you’re saying is, if you don’t play Warlock…

To be fair RM, Necro, Falconer, Warlock, and Paladin are all bonkers. Probably a few close to it. Then the rest are dog water.

This is not an effective way.
Players of the respective supposedly nerfed classes would be very uncomfortable having to do this.

I am really sorry. A lot of things you state here in the forum sound like very theoretical things.
But a lot of them seems to be things you yourself don’t have a lot of experience with.

Have you ever done the Sanctuary of Eterra Node yourself?

It is literally a free kill. It is deliberately super low tuned that you can beat it being afk.

1 Like

I’m talking about the subject exactly because I understand what it’s about.

The nerf in itself, in a way, hurts pride, it bothers, the player feels punished just for this action.

The fact that the player is unable to do the current content they are in (due to abuse) hurts the player a second time.

The fact that the player has to manually enter the “Sanctuary of Eterra” bothers, hurts and humiliates the player a third time.

It may sound simple, sometimes it may even be simple in practice, but it is more impactful than you imagine.

I don’t know, maybe don’t abuse mechanics that are obviously borked?

Punished for abusing broken game mechanics? Pride? I’m not sure my eyes can roll any more than they are at this moment.

1 Like

I’m all for nerfing warlocks to the ground.
My point is, nerfed classes don’t need a third reminder about being nerfed.