The abomination- or how i learn to hate one shot mech!

61 gatling bow user could not touch him … i mean i had zero trouble with the first 3 boss fight

run into him he handed me my bottom…took my lunch money and made me cry

i seriously suggest you take a look at him…1 was enjoying the game until him…

just me 2 cents

Just to be clear, you are talking about the Lvl 55 “Fall of the Outcasts” Timeline Boss?

All the MoF bosses are very mechnanical and invole very specific mechanics that can be easily dealt with, once you unterstood them.
Also literally all of the incoming damage is 100% avoidable.

Since it sounds, that you are very upset, i guess you don’t mind if i spoiler you he exact mechanics?

Just in case a spoiler here:

Boss Mechanics explained
  1. Boss is invulerable until all 4 Soul Vessels (in the 4 corners of the arena) are destroyed

2. After each Soul Vessel dies, the quarter of the arena gets lethal. When all 4 are dead you need to fight the boss in the middle

3. The big fire circle and lines are probably obvious to avoid

4. Boss has a “slam”, where after a short delay a spike comes out of the ground and hit you, you need to keep moving to avoid that.

5. He shoots out 3 “boomerang” necrotic projectiles, which return and do lethal damage at the center, where they all meet. Once he shoots them out, try and stay away from the center point, where he initally shooted them out.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity…you did break the soul vessels before trying to damage him right (aside from as soon as he spawns) He is invulnerable until you break the 4 vessels

Also, when I started playing I also died against him but my knowledge of the game wasn’t too high and I wasn’t properly using ward, resistances, critical strike avoidance, proper damage rolls, etc etc

Each boss of course also has their own pattern, knowing that pattern is all the difference, abomination is pretty slow in my opinion and with a bow you should be able to run circles around him

2 Likes

Yea, as Heavy said, once you reach MoF you really need to pay attention to boss mechanics, tells and such. The first time I fought Abom I did die, but it was also entirely my own fault. His tells are very easy and straight forward. The “invincible until soul vessels are destroyed” surprised me a bit, since it was a new mechanic.

The biggest thing is that once you hit MoF you really need to pay attention to your defenses. This is one thing that I don’t think the campaign really teaches you very well, because in most cases you can just kind of faceroll your way through it.

Each of the bosses in MoF have very clear and easy tells though. Just make sure your resists are capped, or you have very high dodge (or better, both), that you have crit avoidance at 100%, and that you avoid “standing in the fire”, so to speak, at least as a squishier class, like marksman. Abom is the only one with the invincibility mechanic, but each boss kind of has its own thing.

Edit: It could also come down to your build “just not cutting it”. While many builds can make it up to MoF, and even up to the lvl 90 or 100 content, some builds will either not be able to deal enough damage or not be tanky enough at some point. If you’re not using a build that’s been posted, just be prepared that this might end up being the case. Either that, or the build might take a huge amount of crafting investment. I have quite a few “flopped” builds lying around, both from current and previous patches that I just really didn’t find could tackle the really high end content.

This is part of the fun and experimentation of it though. I’ll be honest and say that some of those flopped builds were really just me “trying” stuff.

I will say my most successful builds have been ones that I found on the forums, which had been properly theorycrafted and tested by someone else.

2 Likes

The thing with most all of the current MoF bosses is, you actually don’t need to be defensively very strong, since pretty much all damage is avoidable.

Having good defenses is of course never a bad thing, especially for the echoes between bosses.

You really don’t need to be resist capped in LE, i am still not sure why people always say this as their first response, when they want to tell some1, they need to build defensively^^

It certainly isn’t bad, but especially on classes like rogue, you really don’t need to be capped at all.

Just wanted to make that clear, so people that are unexperienced don’t get the impression, that the % resistances in LE, are as mandatory as in many other games.
(Don’t get me wrong, resistances are a great way to deal with incoming damage, but you just don’t need to cap them)

1 Like

I guess this is a personal thing for me that I do on all my characters, because I hate dying and I will invariably mess up and get wacked at one point or another. I’ve tried playing with lower resists and it just doesn’t work for me, but I guess this is subjective on my part. It’s also pretty heavily dependent on your build, though. In my experience, playing as a glass cannon (eg no dodge, resists, armor, health regen… nada) will not work as well as picking at least one defensive stat to focus on (be that resists, armor, dodge, ward, etc). Again, maybe this is subjective.

That’s fine, i don’t want to completely off-rail the topic here.

All i wanted to say, that resistances are not the only/best choice. (Because how the resistance/penetration system in LE works).

I just don’t like that new player get the impressing, that the defences in LE are “just the same as in any other aRPG”, which they are really not and i really do like this about LE.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.