"Sunwreath" Unique Ring Not Adding Ignite Chance to Melee Hit

The Item:

The game tends to be good, from what I’ve seen anyways, about updating your character stat sheet to accurately reflect changes to most thing.

Ring has +Ignite Chance on Melee Hit. When equipping/unequipping this ring while wearing a melee weapon, the “Ignite Damage” can be seen scaling up but the “Ignite Chance” stays the same.
So far as I can tell the “Ignite on Melee Hit Chance” is not being added but it is hard to eyeball on the dummy.

Maybe the bug isn’t that the ring is not adding ignite chance, perhaps it is and I just can’t tell - but if it is adding it, then the bug is that the character stat sheet is not updating to reflect the change in ignite chance.

Can provide additional info here about character/skill spec if requested, though it seems the issue is with the item or the character stat sheet.
If anyone else has this unique and has a better way to test it perhaps they can give additional feedback.

Melee chance to ignite is likely a different stat than (generic) ignite chance which is why the character sheet is not updated. I tested your theory by basic auto attacking the training dummy with only Sunwreath equipped and enchant weapon off (my character sheet also shows 0% ignite chance). The training dummy was ignited the first hit.

Interesting, Yeah I guess “Ignite Chance on Melee Hit” not reflecting on the stat sheet “makes sense” if approached as “the additional chance does not apply until a hit is made”, so while idle there is technically no additional chance.

Kind of convoluted. Thank you for testing and for the reply.

Yeah, it’s a different stat & the character sheet only shows global chance to ignite, not chance to ignite on melee hit or on fire skill hit, etc.

We are going to expand the character sheet in the future with a lot more specific info.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.