Suggestion: make minion AI more aggressive, or give minion attack command

My partner plays the necromancer as his first character. The minions gather closely around his toon and don’t actively seek out enemies unless he gets up close to the mobs. At the same time, because his investment is in his minions his toon is very squishy. This has made the gaming experience frustrating even around mid 50 level.

In comparison to other ARPG:

• D2 has a pretty aggressive minion AI which seeks out enemies at the edge of the screen
  • D3 minion AI is also aggressive. And you can force skellies to focus attack a certain enemy
  • In Torchlight you can configure your pet to be aggressive or defensive
  • In Grimdawn there is a pet attack command

Maybe we are missing something in our gameplay. We couldn’t make the minions more aggressive. Can we update the minion AIs? Or maybe adding a passive point to extend the search range of the mobs? Or maybe giving more options to make the summoners tankier?

This is commonly requested and I think something the devs are not against.
But I think it will not come anytime soon.

Last Epoch also has a Minion Attack Command: The [A] Button.

With the new patch 092 coming Thursday, this attack command will also have some cool red arrows at your cursor location indicating when you pressed the button.

1 Like

In Grim Dawn, you can also set some pet (with portraits) to Aggressive, Balanced(? Or was it “defensive” too, sorry I forgot already), and Passive. I’d love to see this feature in LE too.

The link actually takes you to the relevant bookmark.

1 Like

Thank you! This solved our problem. I appreciate your guidance!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.