Streaming for a while

Four new clips up for Twisted Roots Shaman: Formosus, God Hunter Argentus, Lagon, and Harton’s Husk fights.

Got a new Twisted Roots Shaman vid up - Heorot.

Twisted Roots Shaman-Caldera of Souls boss fight is now available.

Twisted Roots Shaman-Husk of Elder Gaspar boss fight is now available.

Note: Upgraded my home internet, and video quality is now way up. :slight_smile:

Hey! Do you use any special technique for streaming or not? I think that a good headset would be useful. What do you think about the headsets in this article? I think there are interesting models here.

I am new to streaming, so can’t give any advice. I also don’t record my voice, just the game itself.

I just use Twitch and then create select highlights to export to Youtube.

I watched your stream once. As you said, you’re just showing the game, you don’t respond to comments or even talk.
The problem is that the interactions with the streamer are what make the stream interesting. We can watch someone play, listen to the comments, ask questions, react, etc. That makes streams active and everybody (including the streamer) can share news, learn tips and tricks, improve their knowledge of the game.
But with a streamer who does not talk, it’s a bit like watching a movie, with very poor direction technique. And the risk is to have a boring stream, where you have potentially interesting and valuable content, but no way to really share. Viewers will only see the surface.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess I’m still a bit new (literally just started streaming when I started this thread).

I might find a way to see chat and/or use my headset (I do have one) to talk. I’m just not 100% comfortable yet. In a way, I’m streaming more to make Highlight videos easily than I am to do the traditional “streaming” people expect. As long as people don’t care about interruptions (wife, kid… mostly wife… lol) I could enable voice. :slight_smile:

Well, that can be interesting also.

I’m going to try this “real streaming” thing now, with a headset. :slight_smile:
With 1 monitor, I had to setup my laptop next to my desktop to show chat to see if people post anything, but it should work. :slight_smile:
Going to play my SerpentStrike BM a little.

New video available on stream + Youtube: Serpent Strike BM - Chambers of Ruin boss

Made a build to try out Heavy’s “Life’s Journey” unique shield showcase. See his thread here: Unique Showcase #1 - Life's Journey Bandit Shield and how to get 6000%+ inc. DoT

Build: Lich, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.2i) - Last Epoch Build Planner

First video is the start of Level 25 as soon as I obtained the Lich Mastery.

Got 2 more leveling videos up. I’m lvl 47 now, just got to Thetima, going to wrap up the campaign and start monos in the next hour or two.

Got the build to Monos. Also figured out how Youtube works (new to this), and enabled comments. :slight_smile:
Don’t mind the swearing & grumbling when I die, it helps to vent. :slight_smile:

Also, the emergency alert in one of the vids is a hurricane warning, coming tomorrow. I’ve battened down the hatches, but I hope I don’t lose power.

Posted up Rahyeh and Formossus boss fights on the Spirit Plague/Life’s Journey Lich.

Posted the Emperor of Corpses boss fight.

Going live, will be streaming my Crit Glacier Sorc for a bit.

I’ve been working on a new build - Humming Bee Spellblade.
Build: Spellblade, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.2i) - Last Epoch Build Planner

See videos here, covering from the selection of Mastery to 1st Monolith Boss: HummingBee Spellblade (eventually) - Leveling from Mastery - part 1 - YouTube

Streaming Humming Bee Spellblade in the new zone

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.