Still no multiplayer?

Probably not, but has there been any talk and ideas thrown around about how Seasons may become and how they will be working when Online finally hits us?
This is of course a Q that is for Online Beta testers and Devs to answer.

From past communications & what I recall having been here and on discord for a while:

• They are to be called Cycles (although lots of people would prefer other names to be considered).

• They will behave similarly to other games seasons with characters being rolled into a standard league as the cycle ends. This rollover will happen at launch 1.0 - so when we have access to online MP, a new cycle will start when 1.0 drops.

• Mike W has indicated that he is in favour of all updates and features being rolled into both the standard and cycle at the same time - specifically because it allows for one dev branch (ie. not having two sets of code to deal with - standard and cycle). If features are added to both, Cycles would obviously be differentiated by a clean slate (new chars) and whatever rewards/competition will apply to the cycle period. There has been no data provided on what Cycle rewards etc may be - iirc the devs said they havent had the time to decide on this yet.

• Everything is undecided and could change a the whim of the devs.

There may be a snippet here or there in dev streams and I would suggest browsing through the Search results for 'Transcript' - Last Epoch Forums that @AndrewTilley has put together to find any more info/discussions on Cycles if you really want more details.

If you are hoping for a specific response from the devs - good luck with them making the time considering everything else they have on their plates - I would suggest posting on the #ask-devs not support channel on Discord. Mike may be able / willing to provide more than a sentence or two if he has the time.

1 Like

I’m not sure I remember them saying that. They’ll certainly be moving all pre-existing MP characters to a “standard” league for 1.0 so that everybody can start on an even footing (unless they want to continue playing their pre-existing characters offline/standard) but that doesn’t mean that there will necessarily be a “new league” in the way that PoE uses it (ie, with a new league mechanic & content). Though they have said that the remaining masteries will be coming with 1.0.

Thats what I meant… nothing more.

I like the word Cycles may being used for Seasons. In some way I think it fits.
New Content for each Season (Cycles) is something I think is important. It is something that bring the crowds in.
Thank you for replying. The rest we see when it finally hits the Market as they say.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.