Stash Tab stuck in certain category

I was cleaning up my Stash for the preparation of patch 0.8.4. I started to color my stash make new category and rearrange all the stash. At some point, the stash suddenly move to other category and then stuck there. I tried to move it few times, even try to log in the game still nothing happen.

If you see the picture, my “exalted 1” stash are supposed to be under “Boots” category. You can also see that exalted 1 are highlighted together with Boots, Belt, Accessory together. I have upload all the required file in the zip file. Hope it helps and we can get some solution soon.
Thank you

Stash Tab stuck Bug.zip (45.8 KB)

Hey there…

Sounds like you have a variation on the corrupted cateogory/tab id problem that sometimes happens when rearranging stash tabs. It is a known issue that can happen when changing categories especially (but not limited to) when dragging tab order with the mouse. The devs know about it.

There is no fix for it in-game currently and because of the type of issue, any patch that might prevent it from happening is unlikely to be able to fix already corrupted stashes…

BUT

it can be resolved by manually editing the stash file to correct the messed up CategoryID & TabID values at the end of the Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file so that IDs match correct categories and everything is sequential. I will not go into the details here, but you can read about it in the linked posts below…

See:

Hi Vapourfire

Thank you for the information. I’ve managed to edit the Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file by deleting the category that is corrupted. It does solve the problem however now I encounter the same issue when I create a new category once in a while. Anyway, thank you so much for the help and hopefully there will be some bug fixing patch in the future as it doesn’t feels right when I have to manually edit the file whenever I face this problem

Glad you managed to fix it… manual fixing is not great but at least its possible - the alternative being losing stash by having to delete the entire file and all the loot you have collected.

Happening again: Double check all the categoryIDs and make sure that they are sequential and there are no skips in numbering - this seems to be important. Also make sure that all the tabs are assigned to a valid category with no floating tabs…

Bug fix… yes, I am sure they will get to fixing it…

Suggestion: Make backups of your savegames/global file - especially if you know you are going to do some categorising and moving things around… That way the worst that can happen is you revert it to your backup. This is what I do - I would hate to lose 120 odd stash tabs of things I have collected…

however now I encounter the same issue when I create a new category once in a while

Hi,

I had the same problem after I deleted only the problematic category. I was forced to delete all the categories and reassigned the tabs to “category 0” which is the default general category. Now it seems to work fine.

I hope it may help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.