Stash tab missing

Greetings,
Several minutes ago i bought new stash tab for 150k gold and it initially it was ok, like every other stash tab, i custimized it. Few minutes later, when i checked back it was missing, my gold aswell. I logged out to character screen and then from the whole game - the tab is still missing.

Earlier i changed my loot filter, if this somehow is relevant.
The name of the tab was “New filter items” in “Crafting” category. I dont know what other details i should include since its just weird…

Player.log (27.9 KB)
Player-prev.log (1.9 MB)

Would be glad if you could check this.
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

By the sounds of things, you may have a corrupted Stash file. Character gold is saved in the stash file and if you are 100% sure that the gold is gone (and you didnt forget you spent it) then its likely stash corruption.

Obviously if the stash is corrupted to having no gold, then any number of other issues could happen regarding the missing Tab. I am assuming that you have gone through all the tabs & categories to double check that the tab is actually missing - i.e. it isnt just there but listed with the default tab name instead of what you named it or in the wrong Category? Is the Crafting Category still there?

There is also a known instance where using the mouse to move tabs into categories (instead of the UI menu option) can cause odd behaviours if you are not careful of the tab drag’n’drop. Did you sort tabs this way perhaps?

All saves & stash files are stored locally on your machine - EHG currently has no copy of them so cannot really do much if something is corrupted. The stash file has a temporary version - Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta_temp - that may still be ok depending on if you carried on playing or not after restarting. You can try renaming the _temp to replace the non-temp (active) file and seeing if that backup helps.

If the stash file has been corrupted due to a simple tabID/categoryID mix up, there is a manual way of editing the file to “fix” the problem. See here for more information on this issue.

Unfortunately if none of the suggestions above help/make sense, then there isnt anything that can be done because there are no backup copies of the files (unless you made them yourself). If the issue persists when you try and buy another stash tab, then the only surefire way of resolving this is to delete the stash file entirely to start fresh. This would then mean you lose whatever was in your stash (and forge).

I logged off Last Epoch yesterday. Everything was fine. When I logged on today, an entire category of tabs was gone. Yet to buy new tabs still costs me 670,000 gold. I lost a few dozen tabs I believe. My backup from the Steam cloud is from today so it couldn’t restore them. I moved tabs around yesterday to try to get them into categories without categories merging together, so I suppose that’s why I lost so many. And now I can’t afford to get much more because of that gold cost.

In future, please create your own thread as this can sometimes get very confusing keeping track of individual issues like corrupted files - they can be the same problem but different solutions.

Unlike the OP, your description definitely sounds like you have the TabID/CategoryID problem and the simplest way to deal with it is to manually “fix” the miss-matched IDs in the stash file. (See link I attached in my first reply to the OP for more info). Moving tabs and categories where they merge is usually a sure indicator of the issue. It is relatively simple to fix this as its not a total corruption of the stash.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.