Spriggan healing aura effectiveness is snap-shot exploitable

As described in the Summon Spriggan skill tree, the healing aura is affected by “minion healing effect.” I wanted to see how big of a difference some idols w/healing effectiveness made since these abilities don’t give me any numbers.

||HOW I TESTED IT||
Went into the End of Time, removed my crow and spriggan, equipped Exsanguinous and Last Steps of the living. Let the HP drain stabilize to see how high the Spriggan could keep my health up with just the aura vs the drain of these uniques.

||WHAT WAS FOUND||
Swapping in and out idols with minion healing effectiveness had no effect on the strength of the Spriggan’s healing aura UNLESS I unsummoned and re-summoned the Spriggan after equipping/unequipping my idols.

||WHAT (I think) NEEDS TO CHANGE||
Spriggan’s healing aura needs to make self-checks for stat rolls more often than just when summoned, at least every time gear or idols are swapped.

||HOW IT’S EXPLOITABLE||
You can stack minion healing effectiveness idols and gear (if there’s any gear with this stat) and get ridiculous health regen going, then swap everything out for gear/idols that use stats that aren’t snap-shotted.

||WHY IT’S EVEN WORSE||
It’s easy to see how people could be doing quick tests for idol effectiveness regarding Spriggans (possibly other summons) and end up missing out on great effects because it appears they’re doing nothing. This leads me to wonder what else gets snap-shotted during dummy tests (I know it was happening on Druid Werebear with the unique that makes the fur White). On such a stat-reliant game, this kind of confusion needs to be eliminated.

Thanks for reading!

Everything with minions is snapshot on summoning.

That’s not good. That’s bad. :hugs:

It’s how everything works. Spells/throwing/bow/melee skills are all also snapshot at the time of “creation”. I assume that reworking things so they didn’t snapshot would require reworking the entire skill system from the ground up.

Well, I’d imagine since abilities get snapshot’d for every use, minions and everything could get snapshot’d every time your gear changes whether they already exist or not?

No, that’s not what snapshotting means.

Minions/etc have their stats set when they are spawned (the stats are snapshot) then they are independent entities under the player’s control. If they had their stats updated whenever the player’s gear/passives/etc changed, that would be the opposite of snapshotting.

No I get that, what I don’t get (and believe to need correction) is that there’s no system for establishing a new snap-shot without unsummoning and resummoning your minion(s) to prevent things like gear/idol swaps after summoning.

Which is fine, but that’s feedback, not a bug. The current system is working as intended, even if it’s not exactly optimal.

I don’t believe it’s intended, I’m open to being wrong though.

It is intended though, since that’s how every single other skill (minion or otherwise) works. It’s just more of an issue & more “exploitable” with minions since they “live” for much longer than, say, a Volcanic Orb or Hammers.

Hopefully they will change it at some point, as I said, it’s not exactly optimal & open to exploitation if you really want to.

But at the moment, it’s intended.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s not “intended”.

I never said “I don’t like it,” no need to be snarky.

Regardless, what you’re saying makes sense but because there have already been corrections made to other snap-shotting cases discussed (like druid werebear unique body armor) by the devs, I suspect they’ll want to correct/fix issues in this context as well. Whether it’s a “bug” or not is 1)semantic and 2)already shown to be undesirable by the dev team.

So I put it in the bug forum! (b’.’)b

While it would be great to not have any snapshotting effects at all. This is, for the time being, not a bug and I have moved it to the Feedback section.

It is good and relevant feedback though, please don’t mistake my meaning.

1 Like

No problem, thank you for the clarification.

Point: Llama! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Well, I wasn’t going to say it…

But I did think it.

1 Like

I think that there should be some system like added in GD to unsummon pets if equipment affecting them is changed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.